MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My whole forum is down, but it might be the web host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Smile

Apparently the web host is currently doing something on the server like recompiling Apache or something crazy like that, however my other MyBB forums on the same server are not down. The only difference that I can think of between the forums is that my main one has a database of approximately 330mb.

The error message is this:

[Image: ezxqv.jpg]

and when I check the database in phpmyadmin, a selection of the tables including mybb_threads report "in use" and when I click them I get this:

http://i.imgur.com/wi8em.jpg

Do you think it's just the work that's taking place on the server?

Perhaps I should just be patient and wait!

Thank you,

Tidal
You should contact your webhost about this is they don't fix it during their downtime. It's most likely an issue with InnoDB log files becoming corrupt or the MySQL server is mis configured.
what are InnoDB log files?

I am uploading a database backup at the moment to experiment.

Is 330mb ok for a MyBB database? No reason for potential issue or expected issue?

We weren't doing anything strange when it happened.

It seems like all of the "in use" tables... they're all quite big, important tables I think. Almost all of the larger tables seem to report "in use".
(2012-10-01, 01:30 AM)Tidal Wrote: [ -> ]what are InnoDB log files?

Files which are used by InnoDB to store certain information (I've never really bothered to look in to how InnoDB uses them).

(2012-10-01, 01:30 AM)Tidal Wrote: [ -> ]I am reuploading a database backup at the moment to experiment.

Is 330mb ok for a MyBB database? No reason for potential issue or expected issue?

That's quite small compared to some forums. MyBB runs fine on forums with 20+GB databases so the size isn't the issue.

(2012-10-01, 01:30 AM)Tidal Wrote: [ -> ]We weren't doing anything strange when it happened.

It seems like all of the "in use" tables... they're all quite big, important tables I think. Almost all of the larger tables seem to report "in use".

It seems to be that the host is upgrading MySQL or tuning it which, if incorrectly done, can corrupt log files. MySQL will need to regenerate them.
I guess you are in x10 Hosting, if so, then yes it is a server issue from some days to now.
No no, not x10 hosting Smile

Erm, how do I get MySQL to regenerate the log files? O.O
(2012-10-01, 02:43 AM)Tidal Wrote: [ -> ]No no, not x10 hosting Smile

Erm, how do I get MySQL to regenerate the log files? O.O

It's something which your host has to do. But it depends on the issue, regenerating the log files might not be needed in every case.
Ah ok. The database itself will be ok? We are switching server atm anyway so I wanna know if that database is fine for transfer to the new server Smile

EDIT -- Just read what the host said again. He said he was recompiling Apache o.O

It works yay! Not quite sure what he did (I'll write it maybe when I learn) but it works fine again! ^_^