MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Lock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am new to the forum. I hope I am not repeating things here but have done some searches and not found the answer to my problem.

Forum: http://severnvalleyintranet.fatcow.com/forum

Last night I was updating our forum directory using filezilla and I am not sure what I have done but this morning when attempting to access the forum I was met with a page telling me that the installer was locked and that the lock file needed to be removed from the install directory.

I did this but then each time I tried to access the forum it took me straight to the installation page with a choice to either reinstall a completely new version, or to upgrade. I chose to upgrade to the latest version, but then when trying to access the forum again it took me back to the page informing me that the installer was locked.

Having read further in the help section I came to the conclusion that I should delete the install directory from the root, which I did. Unfortunately when I go the the forum home it still automatically tries to redirect the site to the installer, but as this directory has now been deleted it simply gives the HTTP - 404 error, page not found.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any pointer greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nick
Sounds like you deleted your inc/config.php which defines where MyBB might find its database.
Thanks for your reply.

It only seems to happen when I try to direct my browser to the index.php

If I direct the browser for example to: forum/calendar.php it is happy, I can then browse from there and use the forum as normal, including accessing the CP admin etc. but if I click on the 'view forum' link it again throws up the HTTP- 404. It appears to be the root directory of the forum for some reason wanting to start the installer, and now it's been deleted it shows the error.

I can't understand why it wants to direct to the in tall directory, even if I direct the browser to forum/index.php (which is still present in the directory).

inc/config.php is also still present.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Nick
Verify files in the Admin CP?

If you upload MyBB's index.php under a different name (foobar.php or whatever) does that work? In that case it may also be something odd in your .htaccess
Thanks for the help. I managed to resolve the problem. I realised that it had recently updated some of the directory files from my work computer and then again from my home computer - both of which have a copy of the directory folder. I guess there must be a conflict between the two copies. I deleted the directory and uploaded the slightly older copy from the work computer and all seems back t normal - I wonder if this may have had something to do with the .htaccess.

Thanks again,
Nick