MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Proposal.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB users.

I am in need of a partner to start up a forums with.

I already have the domain and niche in mind, though I am up for discussion for any other ideas. I also have the hosting

The primary idea is to make it on MyBB, though I also have a licence of xenForo too.

PM me for having a further talk about this. As for my experience I've been managing communities for quite a awhile now, used various software and know HTML & CSS as well as some PS and FW for design.

I'm really easy going and just need someone with equal zeal and zest to work with and have some fun making a community with, as afterall it's for the enjoyment & passion.

Thanks for reading.
Is this intended to be profitable or just for fun? And are you going to be paying for the domain/hosting? How will profits be split, if any?
(2012-10-02, 12:41 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Is this intended to be profitable or just for fun? And are you going to be paying for the domain/hosting? How will profits be split, if any?

Name me one decent community that was made up for the sole intention of monetizing. They all start up as hobbies and should be too.

But my main intention isn't monetizing. As long as it's paying itself it's all good.

I already have the domain and if we were to go with that niche it would work out. Unless their's another passionate idea on the table.

I think it's waay to early to even talk about profits, whatever money is even earned should be invested back in code and design. But if it comes to the stage then obviously it would be on equal terms (50/50).
(2012-10-02, 12:55 AM)Brobuster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-02, 12:41 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Is this intended to be profitable or just for fun? And are you going to be paying for the domain/hosting? How will profits be split, if any?

Name me one decent community that was made up for the sole intention of monetizing. They all start up as hobbies and should be too.

But my main intention isn't monetizing. As long as it's paying itself it's all good.

I already have the domain and if we were to go with that niche it would work out. Unless their's another passionate idea on the table.

I think it's waay to early to even talk about profits, whatever money is even earned should be invested back in code and design. But if it comes to the stage then obviously it would be on equal terms (50/50).

Paid to post forums are made with the monetizing intentions.

You should include your forum managing experience so people can see whether they want to work with you or not.
(2012-10-02, 01:09 AM)smexy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-02, 12:55 AM)Brobuster Wrote: [ -> ]

Paid to post forums are made with the monetizing intentions.

You should include your forum managing experience so people can see whether they want to work with you or not.

You guys are missing the point.

I already did include my "experience" and I'm content with my knowledge about the subject.
What type of niche is it?
(2012-10-02, 02:04 AM)AJ24 Wrote: [ -> ]What type of niche is it?

A very specific gaming niche.
(2012-10-02, 04:46 PM)Brobuster Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-02, 02:04 AM)AJ24 Wrote: [ -> ]What type of niche is it?

A very specific gaming niche.

Is it dedicated to a specific game or a type of gaming or something? Because I'm assuming the co-owner will need to be pretty knowledgeable about the game if it's just about one game or type of game.
(2012-10-02, 09:09 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Is it dedicated to a specific game or a type of gaming or something? Because I'm assuming the co-owner will need to be pretty knowledgeable about the game if it's just about one game or type of game.

These are the things that I wanted to discuss upon further.

What I have is based on a specific gaming franchise. It can always be changed into something else based on each person's interest and passion.

I have 2-3 ideas I really want to materialize into communities. And all of them are related from kids to adults and are somewhat gaming niches, and I'm not thinking of the average forum with a MyBB install and plugins, I'm having more of a social approach than the conventional one. I am willing to invest in these ideas and make a unique community.

Again if you want the exact niche, PM me same goes to anyone else.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-126942.html
I'm willing to work with you.
Pages: 1 2