MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost Custom Theme during Upgrade from 1.6.3 to 1.6.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

Tonight I upgraded my forum from 1.6.3 to 1.6.8 and when the upgrade finished I noticed that my custom theme was overwritten. Is there anyway to get this back??

Thanks in advance!
(2012-10-02, 05:00 AM)josh0322 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone,

Tonight I upgraded my forum from 1.6.3 to 1.6.8 and when the upgrade finished I noticed that my custom theme was overwritten. Is there anyway to get this back??

Thanks in advance!

Do you have a database backup?
yah somewhere
Did you edit the default theme or did you actually create a new theme from the master templates? If you edited the default theme and simply overwrote the images in the /images/ directory, then upon upgrade MyBB will replace those images.
i was able to overwrite the images with the icons i have on my desktop. the issue I'm having is with the css file. I created a new theme named "green" and all users are forced to use it but i'm still getting default colors
(2012-10-02, 05:13 AM)josh0322 Wrote: [ -> ]yah somewhere

How old is the backup?

Normally a cron is setup to automatically backup your database every day.
So, weird thing, the css file for Green theme is unchanged but it still won't display to users...
Try clearing your browser cache, is it only for you or all other members?
(2012-10-02, 05:30 AM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-02, 05:13 AM)josh0322 Wrote: [ -> ]yah somewhere

How old is the backup?

Normally a cron is setup to automatically backup your database every day.

I just tried to download the latest backup but SURPRISE - it won't extract.
Anyway, the css file still has the correct colors/settings but it seems like MyBB is using a different stylesheet somehow

It is pulling from /cache/themes/theme1/theme1.css
So until I figure out WHY, I C/Ped the good CSS file from the theme editor in AdminCP into the theme1.css file
/cache/themes/theme5/theme5.css is the correct file
Go through each style sheet and save them, you don't need to edit them, you just need to do so so that the cache files are updated.
Pages: 1 2