MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, I chmoded config.php to 644 (settings.php was already in 666) and still nothing. I'd saw the captcha thing, i think GD library is not installed on server, that's why it doesn't work --but i think this is not determinant. I'll reinstall the forum without any modification (nor plugins nor css nor language) an i'll delete the install Dir before enter (as you said) to see if it works. I'll write you later here in the forum to see what happens. Thanks again for your time and patience... Cool
Or lets kill this in one hit... Smile

Create a database: testmybb
Username: testmybb
Password: tester

Upload a fresh forum to a dir named:

testmybb

Chmod ONLY config.php and settings.php to 666

I assume the host is:
localhost

The path should be:

http://cubonet.org/testmybb/install/install.php

And let me install it.. Wink
Well. I've just deleted the forum (before i read your last post). Anyway there's a fresh upload of all files in root directory: cubonet.org/install. The db settings are:
db: _testmybb
un: _testmyb (note there's only one b at the end)
pw: tester

Let's see if it works and later i change the db and admin settings. It's in your skilled hands right now. And... yeah, thanks again and again...
It's working now... let's see when i finish all the modifications i need. I still don't know what was wrong with the old version but for now is fine. Thanks a lot Ozi...
Hey Ozidave: I think i found the problem: For some reason when i change the Current time: tag in the global.lang --for example to Date and Time-- the problem appears again. To restore it i just uploaded the original global.lang and the forum works perfectly. Have you seen this problem before or its just a "feature" of my server? Big Grin
intextino Wrote:Hey Ozidave: I think i found the problem: For some reason when i change the Current time: tag in the global.lang --for example to Date and Time-- the problem appears again. To restore it i just uploaded the original global.lang and the forum works perfectly. Have you seen this problem before or its just a "feature" of my server? Big Grin

Hi intextino,

I got hit in the face with a "White-Screen of Death" last night and couldn't get back here to respond anymore. Sad

Glad you have it working, so it's not a server bug... That was my concern in wanting to try a new install to either confirm that, or if it was a fault with MyBB. I'm also glad you had the forethought to test the changes as you went, and solved it yourself. Wink

No I havent seen that problem before, but I have come across something similar with global_lang.php.

If you already havent fixed it, would you try this for me ?

1. Download the file: global_lang.php

2. Open it with WordPad.

3. enter > enter > backspace > backspace (Just move the txt in the editor)

4. Save AS: and save as .txt ONLY and see if WordPad warns of a format change.

5. Ignore the warning (if any) and re-upload the file, and then see if the time-change is still buggy.

I have come across high-ascii characters buried in some of the files I have edited... And I'd like to see if it's the same problem you have.
Hi again Ozidave...

a) Look, once uploaded to the server the original language file i modified it in the text editor included in the server's file manager... and i got the same error when login in. The only solution is to modify the global.lang in "your" own computer and then upload the modified file to the server but, and that's "funny", i always use PSPad when working with command line files and of course i used it with the file in cuestion, but i got a surprise: once again i can't login. But, if i modify the global.lang in the notepad and then upload it to the server the forum works well. At this time (i`m still doing modifications) i've haven't more problems.

b) I want to add a gallery to the forum but as the site is intended for people of a wide range of ages and computer skills, and even if i really like coppermine, i think this particular gallery system could be scaring for some user and in fact i don't really need for this project all that options. What i need is just a gallery with a few Admin-predefined categories in which users can upload and show their images (no category or gallery creation for the final user) though it's important the autothumbs generation, of course. There are a lot of simple gallery scripts around but the cuestion is, how can i "link" the gallery with the db users table to guarantee that only registered people can upload their images? (i hope the idea is clear because my "englich" doesn't), or, how can i hack the mybbsystem to create, for example, a "forum" in which only images can be posted (and, sure, still limiting the number of uploads in the other forums --because i don't want a post with, for say, 15 images in the middle of a threat speeding down the whole thing)? In other words, is there a manual for developers or some directions for creating plugins around?

Once again, thanks a lot... (have a good bear)
G'day Mate...

Language problems... That's a young perons handicap.. We all don't speak the same tongue and grunt the same noises, but as sure as hell we can relate to each other using patience.

It's interesting that you found the same problem with editing files at the server... Seems to be getting more common with some of the ftp agents as they compete to make everything automated.

Now... your Gallery.. Smile

Not sure what you are EXACTLY after but there is a Plugin for MyBB made by Jeff Chan.

Ok.. So I've played with it a little and modified it to what I want it to do. I CAN'T release it to you or anyone as it belongs to Jeff and I respect that.

If you want to use a modified version then, by all means download the plugin from MyBB-Mods, and I will endeavour to assist you with altering it to suit your application. If you either want it or require it.

Here's how I changed it for my particular bit of fun...

http://waloc.com/mybb120/index.php and modified it even further for the Portal.

The Portal Mod is a modified copy of Jeff's original and is not available unless he grants his permission to use it...

Cheers...

David.
Ok, I've installed the Latest Attachments plugin (i'm working on my test server) and i've created a Gallery forum... What's next? (by the way, your forum looks great... and those media modifications too!)
The anchor is in the header template.

{$atchgallery}

Just cut it from there and place it anywhere you want the album to display.

Try placing it in the index template and see what the results are... I'm sure you'll soon get the hang of it. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3