MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Still Not Resolved] Post Reply Page Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am in the middle of skinning my forums to my liking, and so far everything is good but I am stumbling on this particular section at the moment and that is the page you use to post topics or replies. I'll post the screenshot here,

http://forcesofsteel.x10.mx/files/fos-postreply.png

You'll see several things wrong here. Let me point them out, well, there is the smilies menu, notice how the right portion of the menu and the smilies are shaved off? How can I fix that?

Also I want to know where I can change the light gray around the text box for typing up respective content for a reply or thread. The last thing I want to know is to change the white background for the drop-down boxes within that gray, as the font is changed to white for the skin, I want the drop-down menus to have a black background instead.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Even if you don't know the answer to ALL of my questions but know at least one, then please still feel free to reply.
*Bump*

Also I am modifying the default theme in case you are wondering.
For the smilies go to admincontrolpanel, then templates and style then click on the left on templates.
After that select your template search for Smilie Inserter Templates. Open then the smilieinsert and the first line change to <div style="margin:auto; width: 370px; margin-top: 20px;">
all your questions can be easily solved....
may i have the url of your forum to check these... and also a test user id...
http://forcesofsteel.x10.mx/forums/

As for the test account you don't need one for this forum. We have a guest section where guests can post, but if that isn't enough I can register a test account.
Bump.
For the smilies, go to
acp>configuration>Clickable Smilies and BB Code
On the last setting for number of columns, put a low number like 3 or 4

For the editor, open up your jscripts/editor_themes/default/stylesheet.css
Look for ".messageEditor" change the color for the background.
I saw you were viewing this thread on the Who's Online page and since this is one year old and I'm guessing it is not yet resolved, are you still looking for help? I would love to help you out.