MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
500 internal server error! I took a screen shot...moved things around, got a different error...finally gave up to wait for help...forum's a mess right now! My general support thread is here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=12712
Quote:Thanks for releasing this update but got some issues here. Recently upgraded from 1.1.8 to 1.2 and completely replaced all files bar the database, inc/settings.php and inc/config.php. It took a VERY long time then re-tweaking to get it back to how it used to be before (I'm absolutely no guru at this sort of thing)
You should be trying to make use of the plugin system which will allow you to make the modifications you do without editing files.

This is also the reason why we provided the temporary security fix for 1.2.
Quote:Upgrades used to be released as a few updatable files didn't they and it didn't used to require a complete rebuild. I know you've already said that quite a lot is reliant on altered files in this one, but is there no way of just applying the updated files or is it really a case of re-applying all the files (bar those three)?
This is a little different - you can consider this as a larger release because of the number of bugs it fixes and the number of files changed. You can get away with uploading the files from the list of changed files in the announcement. If you've modified those then use a program like "KDiff" to compare them to your modified ones and merge them.
Quote:ok, I'm having a nice problem >=(

I'm trying to upgrade the forum from 1.1.5 to 1.2.1 and the process hangs in the "Rebuilding Last Post Columns" stage with the following error:
Please redownload 1.2.1 from the site and run the upgrade again.

Quote:Strangely when clicking the "Find Updated" option I get the following message:

"There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded."

My board's skin is heavily upgraded so I know something's up

Might this have something to do with having created my modified skin using the "MyBB Default" template set or is it because the only "revert required" skin from the announcement wasn't modified in any way?

Having said that though, when I ran upgrade.php I got blank output to the screen. Is this normal?
No, you should have seen a page to select your version number then a series of steps would have run through? Are you sure you were calling /install/upgrade.php and not upgrade6.php?

Quote:I just helped a member complete a large forum update (140k posts) and this section took 5 hours on a dedicated server doing 50 posts at a time. How many posts do you have? It's absolutely horrible this part of the upgrade and it should be rewritten.
We cannot help that. We needed major structural changes to be made to how lastposts work and that is the only way of doing it - to loop through each thread and update them. We can't do it all at once due to the number of them and the most server friendly way is to prompt them for the number to process per page.
If I ever get my forum back to "normal", I'm NEVER going to do another upgrade ever again!!!!!!

If these problems had anything to do with my host, then why could I easily upgrade another person's forum who is with the same host and has the exact same hosting package??? This has nothing to do with my server!!!
No one is forcing you to upgrade you run the risk of being hacked if you don't though, it seems to be a problem on your end, as it has worked for everyone else. Also in the upgrade instuctions, you were told to make backups!
Hey, stick with this long enough, and you might be as frustrated as I am!  I know noone is forcing me to upgrade...well, short of no support if I don't.  I will just stick with the security updates, and stay away from the upgrades.  If you've had the problems I've had, you might agree with me!  I'm just hoping I can get my forum back to normal, that's all...and I don't see how that's possible at this point!

And by the way, for you to say that noone else is having problems is just ignorant!!! I did back up everything! The fact that noone has coherent instructions on how to restore is my problem...so please stay out of a problem that you have no clue about...OK????
Your right, I should have said, most people are not having problems, and if you made a backup, then there should be absulutly no problems to restore it, just reupload the forum files, edit the config and settings file, and put the database in through cpanel. If the problem truely is not your server then this should work fine.

Also if you dont want other users posting about your problem that I know nothing about, maybe you shouldnt post your problem in a public forum, where the whole purpose is for people to respond.
I don't have cpanel!  There is no problem with users stating their opinions, IF they are useful!

Do YOU know how to restore a mysql backup??? I've read the instructions here, and they don't help!
Quote:If these problems had anything to do with my host, then why could I easily upgrade another person's forum who is with the same host and has the exact same hosting package??? This has nothing to do with my server
I could easily say: How is this a MyBB problem when you could easily upgrade another persons forum who is on the same host with the same package?

The problem, as I suspect, relates to your server in regards to file permissions and ownership of various directories - either that or something is horribly wrong with your forum.

Quote:Hey, stick with this long enough, and you might be as frustrated as I am! I know noone is forcing me to upgrade...well, short of no support if I don't. I will just stick with the security updates, and stay away from the upgrades. If you've had the problems I've had, you might agree with me! I'm just hoping I can get my forum back to normal, that's all...and I don't see how that's possible at this point!
That is a bad move - the upgrade fixes a significant set of problems and once you PM me (see your other thread) your FTP details and site URL, I'll get you upgraded and running MyBB 1.2.1 (at no cost, of course). From then on you should be fine.

Quote:The fact that noone has coherent instructions on how to restore is my problem...so please stay out of a problem that you have no clue about...OK????
You need to FTP your old set of files back up to your forums and restore your database (as has been said)

From a quick glance at the GoDaddy help documents (keeping in mind I've never used GoDaddy or seen their control panel), I can see that you can export databases but can't find any mention of importing them. I'm sure that if you contact them they'd be able to restore your SQL backup for you or alternatively you can install PHPMyAdmin yourself and restore it (or if you'd like me to install PHPMyAdmin when I take a look at your forums make sure you mention it as well)

Regards,
Chris
I just want to be clear before I do this. I install all the changed files and then run the http://mysite.com/install program?
Then run http://yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and select "1.2" as the previous version.

Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12