MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
judel Wrote:Well, that was pretty easy upgrading Grilldog's site!  And he didn't lose his custom theme, which is good!  Everything looks good, so I'll update later today!  Big Grin  Wish me luck!

Download all of your custom themes and backup the Db... before upgrading.

If anything does go wrong theme-wise... Re-Install the themes. Better than trying to fix or patch it afterwards. Wink

EDIT:

I posted this before reading ALL of the post's.... Bit late I'm afraid. Sad
Chris Boulton Wrote:Then run http://yoursite.com/install/upgrade.php and select "1.2" as the previous version.

Thank you for the quick response. Updated and everything went smoothly.
Great job Chris, and the update went well.. Smile

Lost a few of my own eval strings in a couple of .php files, edited them to reinstate the strings.. and everything is hunky-dory.. Wink

No probs with the default upgrade at all... Even with a heavily modified Theme.

Good Job... Toungue
In the control panel, if the upgarde went well is it ment to say ver. 1.2.1? Or just 1.2?

ALso all i did was upload the files, including the install file. On option, clicked 1.2 in the drop down box on the installation...just followed the promps, answering yes, continue to all...done in 5mins...is that it?
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Quote:Upgrades used to be released as a few updatable files didn't they and it didn't used to require a complete rebuild.  I know you've already said that quite a lot is reliant on altered files in this one, but is there no way of just applying the updated files or is it really a case of re-applying all the files (bar those three)?
This is a little different - you can consider this as a larger release because of the number of bugs it fixes and the number of files changed. You can get away with uploading the files from the list of changed files in the announcement. If you've modified those then use a program like "KDiff" to compare them to your modified ones and merge them.

OK, but to apply these upgraded files as specified in your previous post, can I just upload/replace the backed up existing ones or will I also be required to run any upgrade scripts for the database as well? If so, will I need to upload the new install directory after extracting it from 1.2.1 too? Or, by upgrading these files, will no scripts need to be run?
tlionhart Wrote:In the control panel, if the upgarde went well is it ment to say ver. 1.2.1? Or just 1.2?

ALso all i did was upload the files, including the install file. On option, clicked 1.2 in the drop down box on the installation...just followed the promps, answering yes, continue to all...done in 5mins...is that it?

It should say 1.2.1

I upgraded my board successfully.
tlionhart Wrote:In the control panel, if the upgarde went well is it ment to say ver. 1.2.1? Or just 1.2?

Assuming everything is working properly, then yes. Dunno about the version though, cuz I have yet to upgrade my localhost or MyBBT's dev boards yet.
it goes on bout templates...my forum seems to still be working fine. the version number still remains 1.2.
The new upgarade installation however was succesful, so do i stop there?

This may sound bit dumb, but just wanted to see im on the right track. Only 3 templates appear;
-footer
-header
-forumdisplay_headlist

The 3 options i have are follows;
-edit
-revert
-diff
tlionhart Wrote:it goes on bout templates...my forum seems to still be working fine. the version number still remains 1.2.

So does mine, but apparently not everyone's...

My cache -> version manager shows this:

[version] => 1.2
    [version_code] => 121

Maybe it's not transplanting itself in every upgrade.. Dunno ? Wink

Maybe Chris forgot to add the (.) .... Smile
Mine did the same thing. Upgrade went amazingly well but afterwards when I do a version check I get this:

Your Version: 1.2 (121)
Latest Version: 1.2.1 (121)

John
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12