MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hi,

It seems that the person who uploaded the changed files was using an old revision of them - you may have some unfixed bugs then because I know that the version number wasn't updated and the templates XML file was also the wrong version as well. I've removed the changed files - and this is specifically one of the reasons I didn't upload any for this release.

If you wish to fix the version number yourself, open up inc/class_core.php
	var $version = "1.2";

Replace it with:
	var $version = "1.2.1";
I uploaded whatever you had in the zip file. I didn't do a manual upgrade. I did this upgrade this morning. Are you saying that I should try to upgrade again? I just went through a security upgrade on 300 sites on my server and I don't need any unsecure scripts.

John
I can't get my smilies to work.

I upgraded from 1.1.8 to 1.2.1 and that was a serious PITA.

Finally, I got everything just where I wanted it, and I went to post a message. The smilies displayed but they didn't do anything and I couldn't click on them to insert them.

So, I uploaded all the jscript files, refreshed, and voila! It worked. I was able to post a message with a smiley.

Then, I went to post another reply, and they're gone! There's no Smilies Box!

Troubleshooting:
-I've reuploaded pretty much all the 1.2.1 files again (minus the settings and things like that)
-I created a new test account and that didn't work, either
-I checked the board config- smilies are allowed
-I checked each forum's config- smilies are allowed
-I've turned the above options off and on to re-write those settings to the config.
-I've cleared my browser cache and retried
-I posted a message with the "code" for the smiley, like : - ) and it posted it just fine, so it's not a permissions thing.
-I did not modify any templates that have to do with posting

now what? And yes, I'm using the "new reply" button, I'm not trying to do a quick reply. It also doesn't work on a New Thread post

Thanks
judel Wrote:OK, so I'm clear on this. All my custom themes are created from the mybb default. I didn't do any changes in those default files, just created new themes from them! Will I lose these custom themes??

And I am also a bit reluctant to run the upgrade script, since I definitely couldn't get it to run on my own for 1.2. You're sure that it won't give any of us the same kind of problems???

Your permissions aren't good, run this query:
UPDATE `".TABLE_PREFIX."themes` SET allowedgroups='all';
Even though I'm not sure how you know my permissions aren't good, I ran the query! Didn't make any difference! Big Grin
judel Wrote:Even though I'm not sure how you know my permissions aren't good, I ran the query! Didn't make any difference! Big Grin

I had the same problem.

Did you modificate the prefix? As you use mybb_, use then:
UPDATE `mybb_themes` SET allowedgroups='all'; 
Quote:Did you modificate the prefix? As you use mybb_, use then:
PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_themes SET allowedgroups='all';

LOL...yep, that's exactly what I did...it ran but didn't do anything to help my forum problems! Thanks though for trying!
I upgraded easy, no problem.
Went perfect-o Chris with no issues at all, Thank You Smile
Chris - found out my problem with a blank screen on the upgrade script.

I'd built my forums on my descktop PC using mysqli as the database driver. Then I uploaded it all to my webspace and left that setting the same.

The forums worked fine, but evidently the upgrader had issues with the fact that my webspace's DB isn't mysqli compatible.

Anywho, everything works fine now. There was only one temlpate I needded to look at and even that one I didn't need to change. I love this "Find Updated" tool!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12