MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2.1 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
PeteSa Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Quote:Upgrades used to be released as a few updatable files didn't they and it didn't used to require a complete rebuild.  I know you've already said that quite a lot is reliant on altered files in this one, but is there no way of just applying the updated files or is it really a case of re-applying all the files (bar those three)?
This is a little different - you can consider this as a larger release because of the number of bugs it fixes and the number of files changed. You can get away with uploading the files from the list of changed files in the announcement. If you've modified those then use a program like "KDiff" to compare them to your modified ones and merge them.

OK, but to apply these upgraded files as specified in your previous post, can I just upload/replace the backed up existing ones or will I also be required to run any upgrade scripts for the database as well?  If so, will I need to upload the new install directory after extracting it from 1.2.1 too?  Or, by upgrading these files, will no scripts need to be run?

Hello Chris, will I need to run any upgrade scripts if just copying the new altered files into 1.2? I haven't started yet until I'm sure what to do...
PeteSa Wrote:Hello Chris, will I need to run any upgrade scripts if just copying the new altered files into 1.2? I haven't started yet until I'm sure what to do...

Yes, you need to.

Back up your themes, in case the upgrading fails.
xiaozhu Wrote:
PeteSa Wrote:Hello Chris, will I need to run any upgrade scripts if just copying the new altered files into 1.2?  I haven't started yet until I'm sure what to do...

Yes, you need to.

Back up your themes, in case the upgrading fails.

OK, so literally, FTP in all the altered files and the install directory/subdirectories from the 1.2.1 ZIP and then run the upgrade.php? Job done - all should work OK like this instead of applying all the files bar config and settings as suggested?
Some sort..yes, you download the whole package of 1.2.1 and overwrite everything except config.php, settings.php.
Yay! Fully upgraded and all went sweetly - cracking upgrade that's fixed quite a few noticable bits in 1.2. Nice one and thank you for all the support..
Hi all. long time no see. Smile

i have installed a couple of plugins and added some themes and stuff but i think i may have changed some of the default templets.

how can i install the upgrade 1.2.1 in a new directory using the exsting bd tables?
Copy your config.php and settings.php into the new directory and upgrade. However why would you want that? Don't you wanna upgrade the current board? As it would be the same as upgrading it in another directory. If you don't make an new database with the data though.
That would be something to know. How to duplicate the data and put it in a new database, so you can test the upgrade before impacting your main board! That would be very helpful to know!
As PHP/phpmyadmin has an limit (set by host) to how much you may upload at one time this might be painful. You might have to split up the backed up data.
As you need to backup the database then add an new database then import the backed up data.
Well, since I still don't even know exactly how to upload a backup, that might prove difficult anyway! LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12