MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding an Ad in the header?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Folks,
I would like your help/guidance please if you don't mind.

I have managed to add my poor logo design onto my forum ages ago. I have been wanting small Ads so I installed My Advertisement plugin (that was a fun)!
Now I would like to add the mypaintbrush logo (shown) as a clickable affiliate Ad into the top right corner as shown in the image.

I have managed to do the Ad code, but where would I place that code on the forum template? Somewhere in the header template, but where IDK Huh
I'd like to know as this small add may change over time to others.

My Advertisement doesn't seem to sit it up there. Maybe it's just me being a dumbo!
Thanks in advance.

[attachment=27375]
With the MyAdvertisements plugin you add the advert code on the advertisements tab, chose a zone,. When you go to zone tab click on get code for the zone you chose (Probably Header so the code would be: {myadverisements[zone_1]}) you put that code where you want the add to be displayed. So you would edit your header template and paste in the code e.g. {myadverisements[zone_1]}
http://ipankaj.net/how-to-add-an-adverti...bb-header/

See this post. I hope this will help you. I helped me also.
Thank you very much for coming back to me folks. I shall try these tomorrow now as I have a few things to do for work [Image: good3.gif]

Stuff the work it can wait.
I've had a play with the code - I like living dangerously Big Grin

I tried Jordan's way first as he answered first. It worked. But the image is now practically sitting on top of the "Search" & "Member List" "Calender" icons.
I'd like it to be lifted up a tad if possible.

How and where is this done if you don't mind assisting?
Damn you folks are good [Image: friends.gif]
Check out the link I just gave you, you will get an css code wich you have to put in global.css, from that you can change the position in top/bottom, as you want. Smile
Thank you both for your help, it was greatly appreciated.
For the time being, I am just going to stick with JordanMussi's help. Though I will try godgifted's suggestion soon.