MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore backup from 1.2's backup tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Won't restore command line, times out on phpmyadmin, and BigDump won't do it either
Kujila Wrote:Won't restore command line, times out on phpmyadmin, and BigDump won't do it either

In PHPMyAdmin, what if you copy/paste the contents of the txt file on the SQL page?
Either times out, or gives me garbage about line breaks not being present after 300 lines

I have also tried to paste only portions, but that doesn't seem to work either
USeless backups

Quote:At this place the current query includes more than 300 dump lines. That can happen if your dump file was created by some tool which doesn't place a semicolon followed by a linebreak at the end of each query, or if your dump contains extended inserts. Please read the BigDump FAQs for more infos.
Quote:ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 5: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INSERT INTO mybb_adminlog (uid,dateline,scriptname,action,querystring,ipaddress)' at line 2

or for only structure

Quote:ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 5: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CREATE TABLE mybb_adminoptions (
uid int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
`cpst' at line 9
I just spent 9 hours helping Kujila update his 1.18 mybb to 1.2. Total hassle beyond all belief. Mostly from the "rebuilds". It took 5 hours for one rebuild to work. His database was about 80mb (140k posts). Now that's not even that big of a forums...this was NOT cool.
labrocca what should we do to get the DB to me? Can you dump it somehow