MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail not being sent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not receiving any emails from my forum and my users are not receiving activation emails;
I have tried the test script: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html and it says that it is being sent. I have also tried using mass mail with no luck.
Forum is running MyBB 1.6.8, and email is not being sent to the spam folder. There are no errors in the system mail log.
Do you use Cloudflare and are you using PHP or SMTP?
Using PHP, no cloudflare.
Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.
It might sound weird but will work for sure.

Using ftp or cpanel goto inc/mailhandlers/php.php and remove the mailheaders call from the script

I believe few hosts have this issue.
Removed it, still not working.
@Paul H. I tried the mail test script already; it says that it was sent but I did not receive any email. How should I ask my host about this issue?
(2012-10-04, 07:21 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.

He/ She in the original post already said they tried it.

PS your link is dead Toungue OP linked the correct one.
Your host may have its email servers blacklisted by popular email providers. I'd say talk to the host.