MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CPU usage HIGH, slowing my forum :(.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I see always high CPU usag on host, what should I do to fix this ?

Thanks.
How much plugins do you have? And list all of them.
Additional Usergroups on profiles (1.2)
Guest warn
Board Messages
Fapcor (forum access post count requirement)
My Awards
NewPoints
Show the users that has been online today
Registration Security Question
Spoiler BBCode
Tabbed Menu
Welcome PM/Email

Everything was going OK till I added Additional Usergroups on profiles (1.2) plugin, do you think this is doing all of this?
Are you on shared hosting? If so, it could be not just your site causing the CPU usage issues (unless your host has said otherwise).
Are you by chance using old versions of my plugins?
your shared-hosting load my cause this problem.
If you don't get warning from your host, then you're okay.
trick:
- check the time of your peak visitor with hi-load cpu
- then put your forum down (maintenance mode) at that peak time, and see what happen?
- if not high, then your shared-hosting probably had problem
- if necessary, set your admin to disable all plugin (temporary)
Try Cloudflare I Am Sure That It Will Improve Your Site Performance Smile
(2012-10-05, 12:14 AM)Marks-Mans Wrote: [ -> ]Try Cloudflare I Am Sure That It Will Improve Your Site Performance Smile

That won't help high CPU, which is his current problem.

If you are on shared hosting, you may be on a server with too many other sites on it. You don't seem to have an abundance of plugins. How big is your forum? URL? Smile
(2012-10-05, 03:59 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-05, 12:14 AM)Marks-Mans Wrote: [ -> ]Try Cloudflare I Am Sure That It Will Improve Your Site Performance Smile

That won't help high CPU, which is his current problem.

If you are on shared hosting, you may be on a server with too many other sites on it. You don't seem to have an abundance of plugins. How big is your forum? URL? Smile

My forum is alredy on cloudflare, it has 10k members and 100 users active, I have semi dedicated hosting with 2 qual core proccessors very, alwways is fast but this last week its lagging.