MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrating from SQL.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have files on a forum, and all are. SQL

How do I putting them on MyBB forum?

Thank you.

Sorry my bad inglish.
Help!!!
Are trying to migrate from another orum system to MyBB? If so, what forum software is it?

If you only have files with .SQL extension the you have something but not the forum software and the files you do have may not be all the data for all the tables.

We need more info in order to help you
(2012-10-10, 02:33 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Are trying to migrate from another orum system to MyBB? If so, what forum software is it?

If you only have files with .SQL extension the you have something but not the forum software and the files you do have may not be all the data for all the tables.

We need more info in order to help you

Sorry my bad inglish.

Yes.

I'm trying to migrate from another system (http://sealteam6.forumais.com/).

I have files .SQL

But do not know how to migrate them on MyBB.

Thank you.
Are the SQL files you have the forum content/data as well as the schema (create table statements)?

Do you know which version of phpBB that the forum is currently running?

f the SQL files are complete, then just make a new database/user/password via your control panel or phpmyadmin, and then import the SQL fiels you have to that new database

Then just run the MyBB Merge system and point to the phpBB database you made
(2012-10-10, 05:56 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Are the SQL files you have the forum content/data as well as the schema (create table statements)?

Do you know which version of phpBB that the forum is currently running?

f the SQL files are complete, then just make a new database/user/password via your control panel or phpmyadmin, and then import the SQL fiels you have to that new database

Then just run the MyBB Merge system and point to the phpBB database you made

Yes.

Phpbb 3

I'll try to do what do you say.

I created a new database, empty.

And when SQL command to import the files.

The following message appears:

[Image: semttulort.jpg]

What should I do?
Help!!!!
Bummer that the SQL files you have dont have the IF EXISTS statements. You can either find the phpBB3 installation scripts and create the tables with that or you can edit the SQL files you have and remove all the DELETE queries.
(2012-10-23, 02:34 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Bummer that the SQL files you have dont have the IF EXISTS statements. You can either find the phpBB3 installation scripts and create the tables with that or you can edit the SQL files you have and remove all the DELETE queries.

I do not know how to do this part.

Just missing it so I can migrate the forum.

Have a tutorial?