MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Mobile Version Post Reply Does Not Work In Internet Explorer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been using GoMobile for my forum but I cannot get it to work - so I have reverted back to the standard format of mybb for the mobile version of my forum.

However all is fine until someone tries to reply to a post or make a thread, the post button simply does not work.

How can I resolve this?

My forum is my signature under this post - this is the current code for the buttons.

<div align="center"><div align="center"><input type="submit" value="Reply to Post" /><input type="submit" class="button" name="previewpost" 
value="{$lang->preview_post}" tabindex="4"/>{$savedraftbutton}</div>

Thank you.
Okay I have sussed this out - it is not a Firefox or Chrome issue, this is Internet Explorer only.

How can I get the post buttons to work in Internet Explorer?

A walk through would be appreciated - thank you.
Are you seeing this issue on the default MyBB theme?
Yes it is the default theme - it is the theme I use for my current forum that is in my signature.

I would need a walk through of the instructions if you can help such as which php file to alter, where in the templates to alter, the codes etc.

Thank you - you time is appreciated.
When I say the default theme I mean the mybb default that was packaged with your install. Does it work on that? Have you checked that your theme fully validates? Is this problem in all versions of Internet Explorer (7/8/9)
(2012-10-09, 01:36 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]When I say the default theme I mean the mybb default that was packaged with your install. Does it work on that? Have you checked that your theme fully validates? Is this problem in all versions of Internet Explorer (7/8/9)

Yes the default theme that was packaged with my install - all I have done is move the forumdisplay to the frontpage and the index is a redirect to the forumdisplay.

So in essence the default theme is more or less the same - how do I validate?

Yes it seems to be IE6 to 9.

Is there a way to get IE to recognize the JS? I have been reading that it is a JS problem with IE. All other browsers are fine.

I turned off GoMobile and the result is the same - IE will not allow to post replies - it will allow to post threads though.

This is happening in both the mobile version and the static version.

Thanks Lee
You validate your HTML by putting your page url in the W3C validator

http://validator.w3.org/

It then checks your HTML and tells you if there are any issues. This is the first thing to check when you are having issues with the ajax and have no jQuery on your board.
(2012-10-09, 02:16 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You validate your HTML by putting your page url in the W3C validator

http://validator.w3.org/

It then checks your HTML and tells you if there are any issues. This is the first thing to check when you are having issues with the ajax and have no jQuery on your board.

Now I am really confused - one issue on the post button for newreply - didn't sort the problem out.

I cannot find a straight answer online anywhere - it seems the answer by microsoft is compatibility - uh???

From what I see is that IE users suffer using MyBB forums - but no one can offer a definitive answer.

Not saying that about you Lee, I have done the validator - and it does not like the build of the default theme at all lol 770 errors.
Yea, that you need to fix. the MYBB default theme and templates definitely validates, so it is in the template changes you have made.

IF you still have this issue when the 770 errors have been fixed then I will have another look. OK?
(2012-10-09, 09:12 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, that you need to fix. the MYBB default theme and templates definitely validates, so it is in the template changes you have made.

IF you still have this issue when the 770 errors have been fixed then I will have another look. OK?

Thanks Lee - Too define one problem I have got which I know is the validator on the newreply - I think if I remember rightly I accidentally stripped the code out. Do you by any chance have a copy of the 1.6.4 newreply code?

Actually that isn't the issue at all - it is simply IE is garbage lol - there is no answer that i can find at all.

If it is indeed validation, then many hundreds of forum owners are having the issue. It has been going on for 2-years so I guess the only thing to do is not use IE lol

Testing MyBB in IE

Hmmm - it works here with IE???
Pages: 1 2