MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't get to my own site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-10-07, 07:18 AM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-06, 08:26 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]What makes you so sure?

Because that other forum where I was before making myown, me and owner couldn't get to that site. And he had different domain. It was also MyBB forum. And he used different host.

There's nothing in MyBB that would cause the domain to not resolve. I am positive this isn't a MyBB issue.
If a firefox error is coming up, it's an issue with your host, co.cc or your computer/DNS, not MyBB. I'm guessing it's an issue on your computer or ISP seeing as we can all see it fine.
The host probably has a firewall setup. If you have too many connections, you'll be blocked for a short while. Get a different host or submit a new support ticket asking them about their firewall and if they could trust your IP.
So its host that is causing this. I'm only familiar with 000webhost and it doesn't have support for free users. What would you recomend for free host?
(2012-10-09, 07:30 AM)Aastra Wrote: [ -> ]So its host that is causing this. I'm only familiar with 000webhost and it doesn't have support for free users. What would you recomend for free host?

you could host it yourself with apache. It's free and you are in full control. Of course it is a learning curve if you are not familiar with a linux environment.
if he cannot find his own URL i don't think he's ready to host a site himself
Thnx, but anyway to fix this? Should I refresh page less or entering to it or what?
Quote:if he cannot find his own URL i don't think he's ready to host a site himself
lol, what? Maybe i missed those posts or something the first time i scanned the thread.
You should buy some cheap shared hosting or something so you can ask the admins for help.
I can't pay. Its cus of the country I live.

If this is cus of host or something then this is no longer MyBB business. Thnx for your help.
Pages: 1 2 3