MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tumblr Integration?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, about a week ago I saw this video on youtube. It's a video about why Tumblr is something people -specifically webmasters, marketers, and advertisers- should care about.

So it had me thinking about getting the balls rolling on a Tumblr integration project. Maybe not integration in the truest sense of the word, but maybe a plugin of sorts that acts like a RSS feed. Essentially in your UserCP settings you could enter in your tumblr login details and the plugin would grab your tumblr posts and post them as threads.

Of course the biggest issue that comes to mind right away -on the front end, at least- is that it would be hard to keep things in proper sections, so it would probably be more practical for admins or news or something.

I know this is rather.. poorly thought out at this point, but it's only had about 15 minutes of thought so far, but I thought it would be worth discussing.
This is something that Pavemen is working on,

http://www.communityplugins.com/forum/sh...hp?tid=176
Reposted with additions to the General Support topic.

Thanks