MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: latest threads in portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, I want the latest threads in portal sidebar to take me to last page when clicked instead of first page, how do I achieve it. ??
^^ i already have latest threads on index by using lebrocca's sideboxes plugin, just want want them to take me to lastpage instead of first page of thread.

any help ??
You need to change the link to be to the last post (look in your portal templates). It might work, otherwise you would have to edit the plugin file and I am not sure what labrocca's policy is on that
yes, i would like to know where to edit in portal template ??
Well, portal_latestthreads_thread already has it on default :

<tr>
<td class="{$altbg}">
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>
<span class="smalltext"><br />
<a href="{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$lang->latest_threads_lastpost}</a> {$lastposterlink}<br />
{$lastpostdate} {$lastposttime}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_threads_replies} {$thread['replies']}<br />
<strong>&raquo; </strong>{$lang->latest_threads_views} {$thread['views']}
</span>
</td>
</tr>

You need to check if the index side box is pulling from the portal templates - if it is then that should work. If it is not then you will need to edit the index side box template to have the last poster link as in the portal code.
it is pulling from portal template only, i will check and then reply.

thanks.

here in :-
<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>

that is thread link is like:-
http://cricketlife.net/Thread-Requests-O...rd-Preview

i want to make it:-
http://cricketlife.net/Thread-Requests-O...rd-Preview?action=lastpost
At the moment the link is to newpost, not last post, but that is usually the same thing from a user perspective:

This is using the ?action=lastpost tagged on the url

<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['threadlink']}?action=lastpost">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>

This is taking you to the newpost:

<strong><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/{$thread['lastpostlink']}">{$thread['subject']}</a></strong>
^^ thank you so much leefish, time to close this thread now.