MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Uploader by default in the next package
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the Plugin Installer is a plugin which is awesome..

But I suggest that this should be included in the default package of MyBB distribution..

As its a very useful plugin..

Just a suggestion though..I dont know wheter this has been suggested before..so Im sorry if it has been suggested earlier..

People who support this suggestion please leave a comment here!!
Dont think we should do this since some plugins have so many files on so many different locations. Though for the 2.0 version where i think they want to have all the plugin files together at one location it would be a nice feature.
I would strongly vote no. If anytime your ACP gets compromised then the hacker would enjoy big time uploading shell and gaining access to pretty much everything.
(2012-10-07, 02:06 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I would strongly vote no. If anytime your ACP gets compromised then the hacker would enjoy big time uploading shell and gaining access to pretty much everything.

I dont want to challenge ur judgements but the current Plugin Uploader which is a plugin has a second password which it requires to upload plugins..so there could be something similar to it done to protect that right ??
Yeah, it could. But there are chances one may still find to exploit by some other means.