MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE Users With Login Difficulties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just upgraded from 1.2 to 1.2.1.

Afterwards, I had two user report problems with logging in and out. One user with IE said she couldn't log in, when she used Netscape, she had no issues. The other said he couldn't log out, when he used Firefox, it was fine.

I told both of them to clear their cookies. They did so, but neither of them can log in now with IE.

To test this out one last time, I asked a third user with IE to try to log out. He cleared his cookies and it still wouldn't let him log out. (Edit: When he tries to log in, it gives him the message that he has logged in. Then takes him to the forum where he is not logged in and doesn't have access to members only boards.)

I'm afraid to test this on myself because it would be a pain to be unable to log into my own forum. (Or to use another browser.)  Any help with this issue would be appreciated.
Hi,

Under Settings > General Configuration, what are your cookie domain/path set to? Also can you post a link to your board for me?

(PM me the link and the cookie domain/path if you don't want it to be public)

Regards,
Chris
Just has a / for cookie path. I'll send you my forum link in a PM, hope that is alright.
Hi RHunt,

And especially you Chris... Because you will find this interesting. Wink

Same Problem here after a prior successful upgrade without any problems.

1. Played with TEST-MYBB v1.2 and deleted all file-cache and cookies etc.. to reload fresh after changes.. Using IE.

2. Back to mybb120 v1.2.1 ... Can't log in as as Admin or User.. Using IE..

3: Firefox -> mybb120 v1.2.1 Logged in OK as both user and Admin.

4. Changed Cookie Domain (From Blank) to .waloc.com

5. No more login problems with IE.. Smile

Looks like the extra security needs a secure cookie... Toungue
Hi,

Can you try the attached inc/functions.php - it fixes the problem for me locally (though I haven't been able to entirely replicate it).

You may need to clear your cookies first for it to work correctly.
Back in five minutes... or less after testing.. Wink

You realise I will have to re-install some editor functions / strings after this sacrifice... Toungue
Killed everything... Disk-cleanup -> Temps -> Cookies -> file cache..

Uploaded the /inc/functions.php

Guess what........... ?

It works a treat... Toungue

I'll be upgrading TEST-MYBB tomorrow and include the new functions.php.. Do you want me to keep in touch because I won't change the Domain Settings (Blank) prior to upgrading.. ?
Just hang in there Chris,

Something wierd is now happenning with email POST notification links...

Will cut and post the data...
It shouldn't affect them, all that was changed was the way that the setcookie function works.

Let me know what you've found.

Chris
Chris,

I click the link at the bottom of this email... And it doesn't take me to to the post, it doesn't even recognise that there is a new post ?? other than what I posted last. ??

Your post doesn't exist ?

In other words... this anchor takes me to my last post that I made, and there is nothing after that?

Quote:Ozidave,

Chris Boulton has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to at MyBB Community Forums. This thread is titled IE Users With Login Difficulties.

Here is an excerpt of the message:
--
Can you try the attached inc/functions.php, ask a member to login and let me know if it works?

(The... (visit the thread to read more..)
--

To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...&tid=12729
Pages: 1 2 3 4