MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TechnicaBit Forums - Technology talk and Tutorials.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, for now no. Until we get some visitors. I already have a work Plan official document.
A lot of people say that certain things will happen or be added once they get active members. What you have to realize is that without these certain things, it's a lot less likely that you'll get these active members.

People won't join a site for the promise of a feature or content, but rather for what is already there.

A plan should be thought out before releasing a forum, and most ideas implemented during the development process. Once you have everything ready to go, that's the time to advertise. From there, you can make small or large improvements based off of feedback and growth.
That is my vision. I understand you Tecca. I already had that Work Plan made 2 months before the release. Now in this thread im not focusing on whats coming but in what we have already. But, what if he form doesnt take off? What will happen to the domain? Spend money on nothing? Im not saying about giving up, just that. Anyways lets just stick to what we have already. Big Grin
If the owner isn't willing to invest $10/yr on the forum, why should I invest my time?
Oh come on. I havent got a single review of the new site! Im going back to SitePoint Forums where i already got 26 reviews on my thread.

Somebody PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.
How will the community endure this great loss?
(2012-10-27, 05:13 AM)piridelli Wrote: [ -> ]Oh come on. I havent got a single review of the new site! Im going back to SitePoint Forums where i already got 26 reviews on my thread.

I don't really know what you want me to say, It looks a lot like php-hut
There isn't much to review, to be honest. I believe you already know what we'd all say so there really isn't a reason to.

But I guess I can suggest some insight on what you should do.
  • Get a custom theme, design it or even buy one and made some edits if you have to.
  • Buy a premium TLD, it only costs under $9 if you use a discount.
  • Create forums & categories that are related to technology in general. Be more creative instead of "OS talk" that's too original.
  • Don't add advertisements to a prematurely launched website, just don't. It's overkill.
Just.... Forget it.

Im treated here like a piece of crap.

As you see, AWOL did a good review, not a piece of crap

Why do you guys treat new members as a piece of crap??????
I think i got treated in phpBB forums way better than this place.
Well, if you really feel that way, go back to phpBB.

Herring'd for closure on OP's behalf
Pages: 1 2 3 4