MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UID Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I just installed this plugin. http://mods.mybb.com/view/uid-in-profile and it is very much useful to me seems I already installed Google SEO. But I want to do some modification in this code. Can anybody help me please.
Generally after installing this plugin, any user can see their uid in the usercp profile section.
But I want that only administrators can see that and the UID will not displayed on users "View Profile" section. Rather than that I want to show it on the Admin Cp User Overview section.

Can anybody help me in this work?
Why don't you just look at the URLs? There are links in the user profile for moderators and administrators that contain the uid, even with Google SEO installed. In the Admin CP there is always the UID to identify users. Same for private messages etc. so the UID is not really a secret.

i.e.
private.php?action=send&uid=42
modcp.php?action=editprofile&uid=42
admin/index.php?module=user-users&action=edit&uid=42
etc.
Actually I have google SEO installed and so Im unable to see the uid. Also I know that UID is not a secret but I think it will be great if I can see it from Admin CP -> user option.
Just downloaded and installed this plugin. Uploaded it to both public_html/inc/plugins and public_html/permit/forum/inc/plugins. It shows up on the plugins list and I've activated it. But I still can't see UIDs. Advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tony Lima

Huh
If you want to see the UID, you have to go to the profile of the user. Otherwise you cant see it.
Let me know if any more help needed.

As an example you have to visit this page of every user : http://community.mybb.com/user-65951.html
why do you need a plugin for this? do you want to limit the viewing of UID to a specific groups or something? that is not a valid reason as UIDs are not secret or a security risk

Given this, just add this to the profile template where ever you want it to show up

{$memprofile['uid']}

and if you want to make it fancy, style it.

<span class="smalltext" style="color:blue;">[{$memprofile['uid']}]</span>

no need for a plugin that wastes resources
Frankly, I don't need the uid very often. It's easier for me to just look in the MySQL table directly. Thanks for all the tips.

Tony Lima
There is no need for a plugin by the way. This can be added by simple template edit like pavemen already mentioned.