MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Developing a game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, So I was inspired by Airline Empires to make a game with PHP and MySQL.

I decided to call it RailCorp Armchair. Hence my rank.

Essentially, Following a tender myself and a group of RailPage's members, We applied for, and failed at, We were to continue working on it. We ended up getting into a large argument with the guy that bought us together (Following a racist outburst on his part - One of us is Ethnic Chinese, and he stated everything made in China is cheap and nasty - His words).

So, I just started developing it, I just want to know what you think about it, If you think it would be viable to run a community off it, or not?

Thanks guys
I actually quite like this idea. I actually used to play Airline Empires quite avidly in the past, but found myself burnt out quickly on it. Something based on Railroads would be a fresh twist on things and a great change. Being a developer myself, there are some things I would of done differently with Airline Empires code base, plus would of required a better UI for the end user as the Airline Empire s one isn't all that great. Personally, I feel you could and would sustain a successful community based on a game like the one you are planning and building.
Well you just got me hooked on Airline Empires I think Toungue. I've always liked the text-based sims and RPGs. I actually coded a generic mafia-style one awhile ago, so I'd definitely be interested in helping with this. Are you basically looking to make a airline empires but with trains and railroads?
(2012-10-12, 05:07 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]Well you just got me hooked on Airline Empires I think Toungue. I've always liked the text-based sims and RPGs. I actually coded a generic mafia-style one awhile ago, so I'd definitely be interested in helping with this. Are you basically looking to make a airline empires but with trains and railroads?

Well, yeah.

There's only really one unique difference I can think of. It's based on RailCorp, Likewise CityRail and CountryLink

You're welcome to help - I can tell you all about all 3 entities.
If you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM with more info I'd be happy to help Big Grin
PM Sent