MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Confusion when calling the templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to draw some templates in overall hooks, but my code is not good.

Here is the link of the file is the plugin code on GitHub.

I can be doing wrong?

PS: I'm new to github, so do not know how it works very well.
First off, the plugin file doesn't add the "pmpopup_link" template to the DB (perhaps you will add that later?) so I'm unsure what the issue may be.

Also, you shouldn't eval'd templates at global_start, use global_end instead and replace some string with your content (str_replace), this will save you one query if you add your template to the $templatelist variable (which you actually do).
But if the template "pmpopup_link" I believe in the installation of the plugin, look:

$PL->templates(
		'pmpopup',
		'PM Popup',
			array(
				'' => 'This is the PM Popup template.',
				'link' => '<a id="pmpopupl" href="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/private.php">{$ppmp[\'unread\']}</a>',)
	);

And not quite understand that using str_replace in global_end, as would be?
You hook at global_end and replace a string with your template.
function foo()
{
	global $header, $templates;

eval('$bar = "'.$templates->get('pmpopup_link').'";');

$header = str_replace('<!--STRING-->', $bar, $header);
}

To make it simple, you add your template to the $templatelist at global_start, anything else should be done at global_end.

function foo()
{
	global $header, $templates;

if($mybb->user['pms_unread'] == 1)
	{
		$ppmp['unread'] = 'Tienes <strong>1</strong> mensaje privado sin leer.';
	}
	else
	{
		$ppmp['unread'] = "Tienes <strong>{$mybb->user['pms_unread']}</strong> mensajes privados sin leer.";
	}

eval('$bar = "'.$templates->get('pmpopup_link').'";');

$header = str_replace('<!--STRING-->', $bar, $header);
}
I do not understand where is the replacement?

Because global_start say that the templates are already defined in $templatelist?

Could you let me the code as is?

Well, I have managed do half of what I needBig Grin
But only shows me the template, but not the contents that should go on this.
Updated the code to be seen ..
https://github.com/Steeep/PmPopup/commit...d088a0ebd6
Can anyone help me ..?
Quote:Because global_start say that the templates are already defined in $templatelist?

Yes because you add your template to the list before global_start is run, you can just skip it in this case.

Quote:But only shows me the template, but not the contents that should go on this.

That is because $header is not eval'd until after global_start is run. You need to move your code from global_start to global_end.