MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enable Format Toolbar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

How do I enable this toolbar so that users can see it when they post & reply?

I see it now when I post here (and used it above as you may have figured out).

I searched here using "format tool" and didn't find anyway to enable it from my CP. What I found in my search read as if it is "always there", nothing needs to be done to enable it. I didn't see anything in the Wiki about enabling the format tool, but did see that it is an option.

Am I searching on the right term?

I have enabled bbCode & HTML in forums.

Thanks.
I believe the term I'm looking for is "myCode editor".

I've verified that both IE and Firefox can access this toolbar on my board (as well as here.)

I say on my board, because I have been able to post using it. The problem seems to be with the admin account. When admin posts (or replies), there is no toolbar. When a guest tries, they have it.

So I guess I'm still looking for how to enable this toolbar. Another way to ask is how did I ever disable it?

Thanks.
In UCP -> Edit Options

Is 'Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages.' checked?
Christian Wrote:In UCP -> Edit Options

Is 'Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages.' checked?

Yes, for users accounts. The account in question is the adminCP though.

I can't find
adminCP->Edit Options

So I can't set things for admin like MyCode, GMT setting that will "self correct" for daylight savings etc.

Thanks
Click on "User CP", not "Admin CP".
laie_techie Wrote:Click on "User CP", not "Admin CP".

I'm not a complete idiot ;-)

For the admin user id, I am not given the option of clicking on "User CP".

For other id's, I have "User CP" as an option (up where the user name is, logoout etc.) For the admin user, only AdminCP is presented.

For an user I created, that I made super mod, and set to access the Admin CP, I have both that users cp and the admin cp presented.
You should always have the User CP link accessible - it'll always show.

If not, you've removed something from your templates or disabled access to it somehow.

You can call it by accessing usercp.php.
Chris Boulton Wrote:You should always have the User CP link accessible - it'll always show.

If not, you've removed something from your templates or disabled access to it somehow.

Hi

When I Upgrade 1.2 To 1.2.1 , This Toolbar Not Show To Some Users. Please Help.

Thanks
Chris Boulton Wrote:You should always have the User CP link accessible - it'll always show.

In my case, this was a brand new install. I haven't even got around to screwing things up yet, changing templates etc. I don't know php (yet), so until I start learning it, I'll just stick to writing microcode.

The admin account (very first created) is the one which has the problem. If this is a bug, not having User CP link showing, and is fixed, I'll just start over and re-install.
Pages: 1 2