MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uninstall-Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-10-12, 10:54 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you also change the cookie settings in the ACP before deleting settings.php as settings.php is a cache file of the settings in the database.

Login problem we are talking about
I only have access to cPanel, No where else.
Please read this thread in detail: http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

The changes in settings.php are only temporary. You need to login to the ACP and make the changes there too.
It says you MUST go to 'ACP > Configuration > General Configuration

I cannot login into ACP
How about I give you the user pass to it and cpanel ?
Once you've made the correct edits to ./inc/settings.php it will let you login because it reads the settings from that file. You then have to set the correct cookie settings in the ACP.
Cannot login
I will find a way to uninstall, That may work at least.
Here's what you need to do, all compiled into one post.

Edit inc/settings.php to what Nathan has said/
You should now be able to login to the MyBB Admin Control Panel.
Then, go into the settings in there and change the cookie domain.
(2012-10-12, 02:43 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Here's what you need to do, all compiled into one post.

Edit inc/settings.php to what Nathan has said/
You should now be able to login to the MyBB Admin Control Panel.
Then, go into the settings in there and change the cookie domain.

Please read what I write, After doing that I cant login, Why you are not understand Sad
You must be doing something wrong then. Follow the steps carefully.
Is there any part on this site where staff can handle the issue their selves ?
Like sending the use and pass to some.
Please post your FTP and MyBB admin login info in a new thread in the Private Inquiries forum. Threads you post there can only be seen by yourself and staff, everything within the forum is confidential. By posting your details in that forum, all staff members will be able to look at your problem and provide a solution. Also, please provide a link in your new thread to your post/thread here so staff can see all other information given/discovered so far.
Pages: 1 2 3