MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changed files 1.2 to 1.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I made a changed files for upgrading from 1.2 to 1.2.1

Enjoy.

http://www.coolestech.com/mybb_1.2.1_changed_files.zip
I had already done this before but Chris doesn't want it there. I'd put it in because its a hell of a lot harder to delete all the files from the main site, that wern't changed, THEN upload it, but chris says otherwise.
That is why there is an "overwrite" feature in an FTP client.
but for people like Ryan Ashbrook, they have dail-up, and it's SLOW.
and IMHO its much more time consuming and for those people who accidently overwrite their config and settings.php, they're screwed. Rather then just putting up a much easier and nicer "changed files"
Probably a pack of 1.2.1 just for upgrade but exclude config and settings.php? Thats what I did, quickly delete the 2 files to prevent myself from being screwed.
Chris Boulton Wrote:That is why there is an "overwrite" feature in an FTP client.

Yes but often people simply change their on.gif and other images. It's best to have a upgrade package with only the effected files. Thank you OP for making one.
Just so you're aware - the 1.2.1 release contains a newer functions.php than the version attached here.
hmm, looks like I have to update my package. Thanks for letting me know chris.