MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really think there should be a can only reply to own threads permission. This is good in some areas where you want anyone to be able to ask a question while only allowing a certain usergroup be able to reply to all threads. This will allow the original poster to post a reply if further information is needed. Allowing the poster to only view their threads is not a fix either since some questions you want others to be able to see so the same ones don't get asked.

I wanted to build a plugin that does it, but I got stuck at figuring out which hooks I'd need when viewing a thread or replying to a thread.
This is already there unless I'm not understanding you properly.
No there isn't. There is can reply to threads, but not can only reply to own threads.
You don't seem to understand. I am not wanting to restrict what threads a person can see, only which ones they can reply to.
This could be implemented pretty easily by a plugin. Not sure if it'd be used enough to be core.
Ah, sorry. Yeah, as Paul said, a plugin would do a job there.