MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default avatar on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I have recently switched from SMF to MyBB and I'm loving it. The only problem I'm having is the 'Default Avatar'/'Default Profile' plugins. Only one seems to work and it is hacky (the problem is that newly registered members will not get the default avatar until a button is clicked and the default avatar is set for everyone without one).

I am requesting that some nice person codes a small, free plugin that would set a default avatar to every member as soon as they register, if that is even possible.
(2012-10-13, 12:04 PM)Dragon_Void Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/default-avatar Smile

I would strongly advice not to use this mod.

I caused me a lot of issues regarding no permission pages when trying to change the user avatar as normal member etc.

Go with what yaldaram has linked, i in this case created my own plugin that is based partially on default profile, default avatar mods.
Ok, then try this one Toungue http://mods.mybb.com/view/default-profile-for-1-6 it works fine on V1.6.8
I have already tried those mods, and they didn't work correctly. The first one you suggested, default avatar, is difficult to work with. The second one does not set the avatar of new members.

The mods at Yaldaram are not free. It requires me to sign up (which I have already done) and become a paid subscriber. I am looking for someone to code a small, free mod which will auotmatically set a default avatar to newly joined members and those without an avatar.
If you know what your default avatar is going to be then you can run an update on the users table in php my admin, and then use the default avatar. How about that?
(2012-10-13, 03:19 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]If you know what your default avatar is going to be then you can run an update on the users table in php my admin, and then use the default avatar. How about that?
The problem with that is that I would have to perform this task every time a new member joins the forum, which I do not wish to do. Right now, it turns out, the Default Profile mod seems to place the default avatar on newly registered members, but the problem is that when someone changes and deletes their old avatar, they will be left without one.
No no, once you have a new user in place you can use default profile, if someone deletes their avatar, then yes they would be left without it. They just don't want an avatar....

I "fixed" this on my site by using template conditionals and using an <if else> construct where if avatar was empty then a default image was used as the avatar.
(2012-10-13, 03:37 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]No no, once you have a new user in place you can use default profile, if someone deletes their avatar, then yes they would be left without it. They just don't want an avatar....

I "fixed" this on my site by using template conditionals and using an <if else> construct where if avatar was empty then a default image was used as the avatar.

can i used it leefish Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Pages: 1 2