MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Very sorry to hear that. I hope it turns out OK.

I just got a kitten, raising it is really not hard ... just play with it, give it lots of love, and pay close attention to its health. He will destroy a lot of your stuff though.
(2012-10-13, 04:56 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Very sorry to hear that. I hope it turns out OK.

I just got a kitten, raising it is really not hard ... just play with it, give it lots of love, and pay close attention to its health. He will destroy a lot of your stuff though.

if destroying my stuff will help her to stay alive then it won't be a problem.
she is still 1 day old so she can't see when i touch her she scratch me and try to push me away from her i think she is still scared from what happen near her last night... anyway thanks for the advice mate.
(2012-10-13, 02:40 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Never even knew cannibal cats existed.

Yes they do. Its disgusting to watch.
I have seen this last month, our neighbour's cat ate two of its own offspring.
I don't understand how I can explain the feeling, but after that day, I don't let them in my house.

@OP how is the other one doing now?

(2012-10-13, 05:02 PM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]i think she is still scared from what happen near her last night... anyway thanks for the advice mate.

I don't think so. She wouldn't have realized what happened.
(2012-10-13, 05:32 PM)YanOri Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-13, 02:40 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Never even knew cannibal cats existed.

Yes they do. Its disgusting to watch.
I have seen this last month, our neighbour's cat ate two of its own offspring.
I don't understand how I can explain the feeling, but after that day, I don't let them in my house.

@OP how is the other one doing now?

(2012-10-13, 05:02 PM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]i think she is still scared from what happen near her last night... anyway thanks for the advice mate.

I don't think so. She wouldn't have realized what happened.
yes she is doing just fine I'm still worried about her tho...
I've never raised a kitten quite that small before. For the most part, you just have to love them and keep them protected for a little while. Ask your vet how to bottle feed the little guy/girl. And also, take it to the vet as soon as possible if you haven't already; and I think for the first month or so he'll recommend you come in more often than you usually would.

After they get bigger they're quite adorable and awesome little animals. Just love them, and accept all the little gifts they give you at the doorstep.
Yes get as much advice from the vet as possible.
(2012-10-13, 11:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Yes get as much advice from the vet as possible.

This is the best thing OP could do. Yes, I know a considerable amount, having been around vet hospitals for years, and learnt from the best. but I still get things wrong.
(2012-10-14, 12:06 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-13, 11:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Yes get as much advice from the vet as possible.

This is the best thing OP could do. Yes, I know a considerable amount, having been around vet hospitals for years, and learnt from the best. but I still get things wrong.
can i go to the vet and leave her there ? i can pay for the first time but i can't keep on paying the vet will take care of her ? or he will just sell her or something ?
Well many vets will give advice for free with a check up. It's when medication and surgeries come into place that they get expensive.
(2012-10-14, 06:32 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-14, 12:06 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]

can i go to the vet and leave her there ? i can pay for the first time but i can't keep on paying the vet will take care of her ? or he will just sell her or something ?

Ok, here's where it gets messy.

In aus, we have what is called surrendering animals. This happens for a number of reasons - the most common is that owners (yourself) cant take care of them anymore.

After surrendering, it's up to the vet what happens. I can't say what the vet will do, but I'd hazard that he'd end up euthanizing it. That's what happened with all (well, most of...) the cats that ended up at places I was at
Pages: 1 2 3