MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tutorial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Was wondering if someone could make a plugin that offers a button to view a new user forum tutorial (one time only) on the index page?

So after registration, presumably, they would have activated the account, and instead of being moved to the registered users group, go to a new group and have an option to view the tutorial and upon clicking "Yes" or other, they would view it and upon finish, head to the registered group and be all done. Otherwise, clicking "No" would put them right into the registered group.

The tutorial would consist of showing the user cp, and how to make topics, what not.

Thanks Smile Hopefully someone can make something like this.
Yes clicking yes puts them into a registered group, and clicking no also puts them into a registered group ? If that's the case what's the point ?
I think the OP wants an interactive tutorial. So, if I signed up at their site, I would be sorted into a group and have the option to complete a tutorial. If I choose yes, I am shown what to do (eg update profile, post, PM, etc) then I would be sorted as a Registered User. If I choose no, I skip the tutorial and go straight to being a Registered User (as in, in the "Registered" usergroup).
(2012-10-13, 08:37 AM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]I think the OP wants an interactive tutorial. So, if I signed up at their site, I would be sorted into a group and have the option to complete a tutorial. If I choose yes, I am shown what to do (eg update profile, post, PM, etc) then I would be sorted as a Registered User. If I choose no, I skip the tutorial and go straight to being a Registered User (as in, in the "Registered" usergroup).

Yes I understand that. But I think sorting them into a different user group is overkill, especially just to give a user the "option" to read a tutorial. A simple redirect after registration would be less resourceful and would also achieve the same result. If the user wants to read it they will, if not they just click away from it.

Sorting them into a different usergroup and then moving them to the registered group, no matter if the click yes or no is just pointless.