MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't view threads!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried as a guest, and as an admin. When I click on a thread, I get a HTTP Error 500 (am in Chrome). I did install my own custom WIP theme, which I thought broke it but - it works on my test site, and I deleted the theme after the problem began.

After searching, I found the issue reportedly being caused by some screwed up .htaccess file but - nope, that wasn't it. I turned off SEO-Friendly URLs (the MyBB one) and it didn't help, and I don't have any SEO plugins installed.

How can I get my threads back?

[attachment=27456]
Try these steps:

1. Take a backup of your database via the AdminCP
2. Delete all your MyBB files
3. Upload your MyBB files back again, and reinstall it
4. Import your database

That should work.
I would try going to your php.ini file and set display_errors to on, restart apache, then it will show you what the actual error is. That may be a quicker check before reloading everything.
(2012-10-13, 03:48 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I would try going to your php.ini file and set display_errors to on, restart apache, then it will show you what the actual error is. That may be a quicker check before reloading everything.
Yeah, I missed that, if your host allows it, then follow these steps first. If not, then add
error_reporting(E_ALL);
at the top of your showthread.php file.
Make sure the above code is enclosed within <?php ?> tags.
(2012-10-13, 03:48 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]I would try going to your php.ini file and set display_errors to on, restart apache, then it will show you what the actual error is. That may be a quicker check before reloading everything.

I don't think my host allows it. Undecided

@Aniruddh
Pasted it in. Nothing appears to have changed for me, but maybe it's cached.

It appears that newthread.php isn't working either.
(2012-10-13, 09:41 PM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think my host allows it. Undecided

@Aniruddh
Pasted it in. Nothing appears to have changed for me, but maybe it's cached.

It appears that newthread.php isn't working either.
Then I suggest you follow the 4 steps I suggested earlier. Make sure you make a new database, or clear your current tables, after deleting the MyBB files, and then after installation import the database file created by MyBB into your database.
If you still have the problem, then there probably is a problem with your tables.
Try installing MyBB somewhere else, and then compare the tables to see where the fault is.
Instead of uploading my whole forum again, would simply uploading showthread.php and newthread.php again work? I did that on my live board, no difference, and am now testing your method on a test board which works, to see if it breaks it.

E: Didn't work, it wouldn't upload. An error with the adminlog table. Can you please explain steps 2 and 3? I'm not sure if you mean like, totally wipe MyBB from my system, or download and upload my files?
What is the last plugin you installed, or Template edit you done? Maybe something in the Show Thread Template isn't right. Does it Fix your problem when you try to use the Default MyBB theme?
I tried using it with both The Cure theme, and with my WIP custom theme. The last plugin I installed was MyBot. I had some trouble with it, so I deleted it. However, I only deleted the plugin file (I was doing too many things at once) so I'll delete the rest and see if it worked. Prior to that, it would most likely have been MySessions.
Seabody, if you send me an admin login I can try and have a look for you.
Pages: 1 2