MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add post reply in sitemap ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far so good as free is not much tasty , now i need to add thread reply in sitemap as SMF sitemap or feed doing

also

unable to find reply indexed by any search engine.

please add this feature in mybb 2.0 thanks!
I know for a fact that reply's get indexed by search engines. I'm not sure about the sitemap though.
Google and other search engines will shows what they please in search results. There's nothing we can about that.

MyBB 2.0 will most likely include a sitemap feature. For the 1.x series you can use the Google SEO plugin.
okay using google seo now but no seo urls for archives?

please take a look here

http://asfmobiles.com/archive/index.php/forum-4.html
The archive isn't integrated into the template and plugin system the same way the main site is, so it's not easy to modify things. Google SEO sets description and canonical tags for it, but leaves it alone otherwise. It also doesn't include archive URLs in the sitemap. Google SEO is geared towards getting the main site indexed, not the archive - if you want it the other way around, you'll have to find another solution.

As for your original question (post reply in sitemap), Google SEO Sitemap contains threads and [optionally] thread pages, and it updates the thread's timestamp whenever someone replies, so Google knows to revisit the thread and thus (hopefully) index the new reply.

It does not link to the new posts directly as that would be violating the duplicate content rule.
(2012-10-14, 10:00 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]As for your original question (post reply in sitemap), Google SEO Sitemap contains threads and [optionally] thread pages, and it updates the thread's timestamp whenever someone replies, so Google knows to revisit the thread and thus (hopefully) index the new reply.

It does not link to the new posts directly as that would be violating the duplicate content rule.

Thanks, I was looking for that answer too.
I though a sitemap should have both thread titles and posts content.