MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make custom profile fields hidden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there

I want to know if there is any way to offer users the possibility to choose witch custom profile field it is going to be displayed on his profile page witch not.

Any advice on how to make this possible?
This will require a plugin, try asking a plugin developer like Pirata Nervo or Yaldaram.
It might cost you though.
If you mean , you want to make customer profile field , there is an option in MyBB configuration tab in ACP.
(2012-10-14, 11:33 AM)asad3man Wrote: [ -> ]If you mean , you want to make customer profile field , there is an option in MyBB configuration tab in ACP.
He means that:

Suppose you created a custom field like

Your XBOX Live Gamertag, or your Skype. Suppose the user filled them, but he should be able to decide which fields he wants to be displayed on his public profile, and which not.
AdminCP -> Configuration -> Custom Profile Fields -> *Chose a Field* -> Hide on profile? -> *Yes means don't show on profile*
(2012-10-14, 11:10 AM)Aniruddh Wrote: [ -> ]This will require a plugin, try asking a plugin developer like Pirata Nervo or Yaldaram.
It might cost you though.

ok, thanks, I'll try to develop a plugin on my own and if I won't succeed I will post a request in plugin section.

(2012-10-14, 12:35 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]AdminCP -> Configuration -> Custom Profile Fields -> *Chose a Field* -> Hide on profile? -> *Yes means don't show on profile*

I know that, but I want the user to be able to decide if the field/s is/are going to be hidden on his profile or not.
Oh right I did not understand properly