MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] GZip Error 330 + functions_post.php error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was editing global.css stylesheet when suddenly every thread on my forum directed me to a 330 error (Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.). After looking around, I found out that it was a problem with GZip compression feature in MyBB. I disabled that, and the problem was solved. However, there was another problem that took its place - every thread page had missing avatars for users and the top of the page printed this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/proje106/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php(323) : eval()'d code on line 3

I have absolutely no idea why and how it happened and what I can do to solve it, because I tried replacing the functions_post.php file with the default MyBB one I have backed up but it still doesn't work. I am quite unsure whether it's a security hole that has to do with my host or a rare MyBB Gzip compression issue, but it would be absolutely great if someone helped me solve it.
The problem is occurring in the eval'd code. MyBB uses eval on the templates, so I'm going to guess there's an error in the template (probably an accidentally messed-up variable). Try replacing it with the default, or using another theme.
(2012-10-13, 07:16 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is occurring in the eval'd code. MyBB uses eval on the templates, so I'm going to guess there's an error in the template (probably an accidentally messed-up variable). Try replacing it with the default, or using another theme.
I'm looking to fix the issue as it is using my custom theme. Is there any way to trace the error to a line of code that I could fix?
Line 323 of functions_post.php is loading the postbit_avatar template. Please post the code that's in your postbit_avatar template, and I'll see if I can find the issue.
Thanks a ton, mate, I solved it. Basically, it was a piece of code that was left over from a plugin I uninstalled.