MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change of Ownership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I want to change ownership of my forums, what files do I have to change to give the person complete ownership besides giving them my account?
You can just give them your account that's uid=1. They should change both the password and email address. If you're using hosting, you should also give them the passwords for the host and the database, and allow them to change those as well.
(2012-10-14, 03:45 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]You can just give them your account that's uid=1. They should change both the password and email address. If you're using hosting, you should also give them the passwords for the host and the database, and allow them to change those as well.

I ain't giving them my account... that is why I need to know the alternative way to do this.
Have them register, then promote them to the highest group (Admin). If you've sold your forum and are doing complete transfer then you'll need to backup your mybb folder and database and send that to them as well.
(2012-10-14, 05:01 AM)JLogan Wrote: [ -> ]Have them register, then promote them to the highest group (Admin). If you've sold your forum and are doing complete transfer then you'll need to backup your mybb folder and database and send that to them as well.

Nvm. It seems none of you know.
Maybe because your question is insanely vague? What exactly are you trying to do?
(2012-10-14, 04:50 AM)dalawh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-14, 03:45 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]You can just give them your account that's uid=1. They should change both the password and email address. If you're using hosting, you should also give them the passwords for the host and the database, and allow them to change those as well.

I ain't giving them my account... that is why I need to know the alternative way to do this.

If you do not want to give your websites account which is uid=1 then edit inc/config.php and find super admins or s.admin then replace the "1" with the new owners UID. From this they won't have your account and they would become the owner (AKA Super Admin).

If you don't want to give them your hosting account, then provide them with a backup of your ACP (Remember to select all) and also select all files in your file manager and compress it then download the compressed file.

The ACP download would basically be the database and the file manager download would be the site download which includes themes, plugins etc.
When I purchased Host4Post, it was as easy as changing the "Super Admin" value in config.php