MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error on Board Messages by Alan Crisp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a new forum and I am installing plugins, I install the plugin Board Messages Alan Crisp and gave me the following error. Someone can tell me how can I solve the problem?

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Type=MyISAM' at line 8
Query:
CREATE TABLE mybb_board_messages ( mid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, message text NOT NULL, class varchar(255) NOT NULL, global tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', enabled tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (mid) ) Type=MyISAM;
Type is deprecated. Edit the plugin, replace "Type=MyISAM" with "Engine=MyISAM".
This plugin is not worth it! Other error happened, I installed the plugin and usually do not find how to add the messages board, someone can tell me how I can put this plugin to work correctly?
Once you fix the code I mentioned above, let me know what the next error is. It was probably written for an older MySQL version, or an incorrectly configured one. We can't help you get it to work correctly if you don't tell us what the error is...
I had already said the error. What happened was that I can not find how to add messages to the plugin.
(2012-10-14, 02:52 PM)MR. ShockWave Wrote: [ -> ]I had already said the error. What happened was that I can not find how to add messages to the plugin.

Deactivate/uninstall the plugin. Open the plugin's php file with notepad. Find all occurrences of "Type=MyISAM" and replace them with "Engine=MyISAM". Reupload the php file and install the plugin again. This should completely resolve that error.
Spork, I think this plugin also had an issue where the ACP controls were not showing, and that was fixed in the post I linked.
Thanks Leefish, it works Wink
(2012-10-14, 03:01 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Spork, I think this plugin also had an issue where the ACP controls were not showing, and that was fixed in the post I linked.

Thanks, I didn't see that, I think we posted at the same time Smile