MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sessions and the use of the mybb system??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, now i have created a login script that is using sessions how do i replace the current mybb=>username with just sessions it make it easier for me to manage things so if they use my login form they will be also logged into the forum?

if there are other ways of doing the same thing please suggest them aswill
Thanks,

Spudster
Your question seems unclear to me. What are you exactly wanting to do?
Mybb uses its own thing to login a user, How could a get mybb to login using my login form that ive created. im using sessions with my login system.

I could use the same table that would work but i don,t know the password hash mybb is using.
i going to assume that you are trying to include your own login form to the board. in other words your own welcome blocks. Huh

try adding your own form and script (with correct id tags) in place of the existing quicklogin script in welcome block guest
Take a look at member.php login code. It matches variations of md5 and salt I guess, not sure though.

It's possible to login from other third party site as well, just use the global.php and call it. It's easy once you know it.

There was a thread lying in around third party integration, do a search.

Oh and you don't do things with sessions. Sessions are set once a user logs in (or for guests as well, but on a temporary basis) and expires once logged out, so that's not the way to go.
Ok, i get back to yous on this thread in 48hrs let yous know what i can find

Mybb uses there own session to start the session for the user I think.
(2012-10-16, 12:14 PM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the password hash mybb is using.

MD5, Buddy. The industry standard.
Why do you wish to replace the MyBB login system with your own?
(2012-10-16, 12:08 PM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, now i have created a login script that is using sessions how do i replace the current mybb=>username with just sessions it make it easier for me to manage things so if they use my login form they will be also logged into the forum?

if there are other ways of doing the same thing please suggest them aswill
Thanks,

Spudster

Are you looking for a Single Sign-On function or do you only need your users to login from your frontpage into mybb?

If you're looking for a way to just display a login form anywhere on your website and use the mybb login, then take a look at my example code below:

<form id="my-login" method="post" action="http://yoursite.tld/mybb/member.php?action=login">
<label for="username">Username:</label>
<input type="text" name="username" placeholder="enter username..." />
<label for="password">Password:</label>
<input type="password" name="password" placeholder="enter password..." />
<button type="submit" name="submit">Log Me In</button>
</form>

This way, your users should be able to login from the frontend of your website, using the mybb credentials, instead of inside mybb.
Thats what i need :.)

How do i create my own welcome your logged in page? but use the mybb sessions?
Pages: 1 2