MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error and not detecting new upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever i try to update my MyBB powered website (1.6.4) to new upgrade (1.6.8) it always says me that your current MyBB version is up to date..

See the screenshot u will understand the problem easily.
Since the latest version says (), it sounds like the call it's making to mybb.com is failing. Are there any restrictions on your host, such as safemode turned on that would block fopen connections?
For some reason the server couldn't reach MyBB.com to check for the latest version. You can ignore that an proceed to upgrade anyway. Smile
(2012-10-16, 02:43 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Since the latest version says (), it sounds like the call it's making to mybb.com is failing. Are there any restrictions on your host, such as safemode turned on that would block fopen connections?

I don't know about Safe mode anymore. but can i able to solve it by informing my hosting provider about it ?
I mean its look like that problem in my MyBB package or hosting side.

(2012-10-16, 02:43 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason the server couldn't reach MyBB.com to check for the latest version. You can ignore that an proceed to upgrade anyway. Smile

I always use Softaculous scripting engine to update MyBB always, but for now its not detected version 1.6.4 there. so i tried to check through admin panel.

between, is there any easy way to upgrade it manually and faster ?
yeh. I solved it,
There was some restrictions from server. when i reported my hosting provider about it, they solved it.
Thanks for replying.