MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: General Threads — General Discussion Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mmm, it makes the Who's Online list a little redundant and feels static. You could just use the online.php?action=today for the same effect.
(2012-10-27, 03:16 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]49 users active in the past 1440 minutes

Never really understood that.

Well with simple division you can divide 1440 minutes with 60 minutes and you get 24 hours. I'm trying to change the 'who was online today' 15 minutes quota to 24 hours.
It's a well known trick to give the appearance of a more active forum. It's been used for years.

I think if you set the "online list" to over 60 minutes you are deceiving your members.

I think the standard cut off time of 15 is pretty generous as is for number of online users.
(2012-10-27, 09:51 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a well known trick to give the appearance of a more active forum. It's been used for years.

I think if you set the "online list" to over 60 minutes you are deceiving your members.

I think the standard cut off time of 15 is pretty generous as is for number of online users.

Deceiving? It's factual fact as facts can get. Lol. If an IP gets logged as an active login, it'll show up there. I mean, it's not like we're able to manipulate with the queries and db as we please for marketing tricks? I'm just trying to expand my potentials on this forum, don't fret about a 24 hour change because it's pretty common you'll find on other forums these days.
(2012-10-27, 09:40 PM)AWOL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-27, 03:16 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]49 users active in the past 1440 minutes

Never really understood that.

Well with simple division you can divide 1440 minutes with 60 minutes and you get 24 hours. I'm trying to change the 'who was online today' 15 minutes quota to 24 hours.

I completely understood the maths... Dear God.
(2012-10-27, 10:13 PM)AWOL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-27, 09:51 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]It's a well known trick to give the appearance of a more active forum. It's been used for years.

Deceiving? It's factual fact as facts can get. Lol. If an IP gets logged as an active login, it'll show up there. I mean, it's not like we're able to manipulate with the queries and db as we please for marketing tricks? I'm just trying to expand my potentials on this forum, don't fret about a 24 hour change because it's pretty common you'll find on other forums these days.

I don't know, perhaps deceive was too strong a word, but if your "online list" shows users active in the past 24 hours it could be misleading...
Really really overused niche and when I opened this thread I was thinking that I would be going to the same usual crappy site in that niche.

The design is nice but you are going to have to work very hard to get out there. The rest of the theme is very colourful and that makes me feel that the header is a tad bit bland? Maybe you should do a little change to that.

Good work so far though.
Pages: 1 2