MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding New Page to User CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried searching, but I could really find anything about this. I'd like to add another page to the usercp options bar, right where the red box is in the following image. How could I go about that?

[Image: newpage.png]
Are you trying to write a plugin?
(2012-10-17, 12:04 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Are you trying to write a plugin?

Not necessarily, although it might end up that way. I basically want a page similiar to the Edit Signature page, except it will have a few fields and some text on it.

usercp.php?action=editbanner would be my desired URL.
I think what you want will require you writing a plugin or at least files/templates modifications. Adding the link manually would be rather easy, you just edit a template to add your html code (usercp_nav).
(2012-10-17, 12:08 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I think what you want will require you writing a plugin or at least files/templates modifications. Adding the link manually would be rather easy, you just edit a template to add your html code (usercp_nav).

I'm thinking along the same. Alright, thanks for clearing that up at least!

How possible would it be to add a new template and make a new page that resembles the other option pages?
It would actually not be that hard - if you know how to make a custom page then you are halfway there.

What I would do is make a template that looks a lot like usercp (copy paste) and then fill the content with what you want. Put that template in your global templates. Then, make your custom page with the queries you need to run and make the output page the template you just made.

Does that help?

See attached example to start with
(2012-10-17, 01:22 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It would actually not be that hard - if you know how to make a custom page then you are halfway there.

What I would do is make a template that looks a lot like usercp (copy paste) and then fill the content with what you want. Put that template in your global templates. Then, make your custom page with the queries you need to run and make the output page the template you just made.

Does that help?
I understand that part, thanks. So the only part I need to know now is how to make it an action under usercp.php, AND... making custom profile fields show up on it?

Thanks a lot!
Pandaa - I edited my post - take a look at the attachment.

Not quite sure how you would get the custom profile field inputs, but I would be looking at edit sig to find out.

I am actually interested in something like this myself - I have a user policy that I would like to do this with, so do keep us posted on progress.
I'll work with a friend of mine and see if I can get things worked out, I'll definitely let you know!

Thank you very much. Smile
I know its been A few months of the thread Being posted,This thread has helped in getting A job done.

Pages: 1 2