MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gif new and "old" users that not use a avatar a standard avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have a question, If a user register on the forum and they don't setup a own avatar is it possible that they get a standard avatar that I have choose??
Is this possible to also members that already have register on the forum.

So if they don't use a own avatar the get a avatar that is choose on me..

Thanks helping me!
You need to add a default avatar mod and use phpmyadmin to update all your existing users. I use the default profile mod from the mods site.

I will look up the sql query for you.

This is a how to guide for newbies.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-44380.html

EDIT: Run this query

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `avatar` = 'images/avatars/default_avatar.gif', `avatartype` = 'gallery' WHERE `avatar` = ''; 
Its a modification on the default avatar plugin but it should work. I use it and for me it works without problems.

[attachment=27482]

The reason i changed the original plugin was that it caused no permission page problems for users who wanted to change their avatar.

Hopefully it works for you Smile
Ok, works but now I have a problem haha

I have don and select a avatar but the wrong avatar. Now if I change the url from the avatar the "old" avatar still shows up. How can I fix that the old avatar is gone and the good one in there???
(2012-10-16, 11:58 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, works but now I have a problem haha

I have don and select a avatar but the wrong avatar. Now if I change the url from the avatar the "old" avatar still shows up. How can I fix that the old avatar is gone and the good one in there???

You mean how do you change the avatar you forced onto your users ?

If so the easiest way is to run a query. Like the one leefish posted.

In phpmyadmin run:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `avatar` = 'images/avatars/new_avatar.gif', `avatartype` = 'remote' WHERE `avatar` = 'images/avatars/old_avatar.gif'; 

images/avatars/new_avatar.gif

Change this to the correct new avatar.

images/avatars/old_avatar.gif

Change this to the old and wrong avatar.
This will mean if it was from the default gallery list, all users even the ones who wished to use the default one will get this new avatar.

Quick and important note if it was the plugin default avatar thingie:

which is:
./images/avatars/butterfly.gif

dont forget the ./ Smile
So always check the mybb_user table before doing this to get the correct old avatar url!!

example:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `avatar` = './images/avatars/athlon.gif', `avatartype` = 'remote' WHERE `avatar` = './images/avatars/butterfly.gif'; 
I have found the sollution by my self

Run this query and u can change the avatar again.

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `avatar` = 'HERE THE URL FROM THE NEW AVATAR U WANT', `avatartype` = 'gallery' WHERE
 `avatar` = 'AND HERE THE URL FROM THE AVATAR U WANT TO CHANGE';
(2012-10-17, 12:16 AM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]I have found the sollution by my self

Run this query and u can change the avatar again.

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `avatar` = 'HERE THE URL FROM THE NEW AVATAR U WANT', `avatartype` = 'gallery' WHERE `avatar` 
= 'AND HERE THE URL FROM THE AVATAR U WANT TO CHANGE';

hehe Toungue
AND HERE THE URL FROM THE AVATAR U WANT TO CHANGE

Made me giggle Smile

Happy to see you manged to fix it.
(2012-10-17, 12:18 AM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]hehe Toungue
AND HERE THE URL FROM THE AVATAR U WANT TO CHANGE

Made me giggle Smile

Happy to see you manged to fix it.

Haha yeah also very useful as someone have a avatar and the avatar is not allowed on your forum u can change that avatar.

Now I had all users with no avatar with the plugin on the butterfly image, and and with disable or delete the plugin the image still there so I have change the butterfly url to the url I want to set and there u go the "old" avatar is gone en the new one is there Smile Smile
hmmmmm..... Plugin works but if someone want to change the avatar they get a error with the url from the image is not right.

How to fix this so they can upload or choose a new avatar. Before the plugin all works fine but now they get this message.

Thanks Helping again.
Mhmm.. weird..

I had that with the original plugin where users couldnt change their avatar and got a no permission page.

When exactly does it happen:
- from gallery
- from url
- from file
Uploading.
And what is the error message they see?

edit
Provide a test account please since i am unable to register to your site :/

It tells me:
U hebt geen geldige optie gekozen voor het veld "Kernel". Vul dit veld in of kies een geldige waarde voor dit veld.
"You did not choose a valid option for the input field "kernel". Please fill in this field or choose a correct value for this field".

Dus dat is mischien ook iets waar je naar wil kijken.
Pages: 1 2