MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge vBulletin -> myBB Threads/Thread Order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question about the Merge system from vBulletin, and I'm not even all that positive if it's something most people care about. One of the forums I run is very 'threaded view' oriented, which is fine but sometime a bit of a pain *grins*

I'm looking to switch from vBulletin with some concessions (and a mod I no longer have to maintain Whew) However I noticed one thing. The Thread parents get lost.

For Example, here is a thread on my current vBulletin Forum:

[Image: swvb.png]

After the Merge, the Thread looks like this:

[Image: swmbb.png]

As you can see, it doesn't maintain it's thread parents and seems to add them all in-line to the main post.

(The & replacement on this specific thread really doesn't bother me, that isn't any sort of big deal, the time also seems off, again not a huge deal since at least the dates are correct)

Is this expected behavior for the Merge System? Perhaps a Bug? Or just something went sideways with my conversion/merge?

So far, like what I see with mybb, and the thread support makes it viable for this site. So I thought I'd ask.

Much Thanks
Perhaps I can go a different route with the question then..

Does the vBulletin Merge System require a specific version of vBulletin 3.x? I can't imagine the schema has changed that much throughout the series, but mayhaps this is part of the issue.

Thanks
It shouldn't require a specific version; all of them should work the same. I'm not sure if importing threading is supported, I'll flag this for a developer to look at.