MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error: 1045
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An anomaly happened today where out of no where I get a 1045 error when no changes to the website were made to the Forums settings for a week.

I checked the forum/inc/config.php and the database login info was correct...

but in the foum/config.php file the
$config['database']['password'] was the same value as $config['database']['username']

I thought the main forum dir config.php was not supposed to have the ral login info or it's supposed to be temporary or something?

I'm not sure what happened but it decided to work again..
my question is what's supposed to be in the forum/config.php file for database login values? I thought that config file was supposed to have null values?

Also how do I keep my mysql server url from being displayed on the error pages? So I don't get my MySQL server DDoS'd...

please help.
1. There is no such file as config.php in the forum root. The database details are always stored in ./inc/config.php

2. http://community.mybb.com/thread-123792-...#pid898122
there is in my case... so I should delete it??!! I also have a settings.php in the root... I have no idea how they got there.

Edit:
oh wow Nathan, I totally forgot about that thread! okay I marked u as best answer and sorry then for re-asking that question.. but is there a thread somewhere that shows what php files are supposed to be in the root? I have 1 or 2 other installations of MyBB that have the same situation.
That is an access denial error of SQL, I guess.
Here's proof that I do have a config.php in my root.. this was originally a MyBB 1.6.5 install has been upgraded along the way as the updates were released.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27493]
Download a fresh copy of MyBB and take a look. You can see which files are supposed to be in the forum root by default.
holy smolly... I have about 106 php files in my root as opposed to MyBB 1.6.8 install of only 38 php in root. .... lol zomg.. I know some are from paid plugins but dang.. were class_parser.php and the other php files with prefix class_ a part of MyBB installs at one point or another? I don't think those ones were from a plugin... ??

I also have a WHOLE lot of php files that have a prefix "functions_"... eg functions_massmail.php

IF those are from old MyBB installs then that means the installers didn't remove files.. which also means I can delete them without ruining my site ... I hope?

Edit:
well I deleted those files... about 40 of them.. and the site still works... lol ..
You must have either moved some files around at some point or those files are from an old installation. It looks like somehow the files from ./inc/ are in the forum root which they shouldn't be.