MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ready to upgrade to 1.2.1 but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So,

I am running 1.1.8 and did not have guts to move to 1.2 yet and now it is 1.2.1 and I think most of the bugs were fixed and I am ready to the jump (finger crossed). Now. I remember reading somewhere in WIKI that to upgrade you should basically delete all directories but /uploads and uploads/avatars plus 2 config files that are needed. Now when I checked back reading 1.2.1 instructions when upgrading from earlier versions (I assume 1.1.8 qualifies), one should simply uploads the file to certain directories and overwrite the old one. What would be the good method after all. I am confused. Tx

EB
1.2.1 assumes that you have 1.2 installed. Follow the instructions for the WIKI.

BTW, 1.2.1 still has some bugs that are being resolved. If you want to wait till 1.2.2?
Tikitiki Wrote:1.2.1 assumes that you have 1.2 installed. Follow the instructions for the WIKI.

BTW, 1.2.1 still has some bugs that are being resolved. If you want to wait till 1.2.2?
Hmm... So what you are saying is, that I have to install 1.2 first, than 1.2.1 and likely 1.2.2? Is there a way that one could upgrade from 1.1.8 to 1.2.2 when it is available?

Thank you for your answer.

EB
Just download the latest files from the site, because its already updated to 1.2.1. Same goes for 1.2.2 (when it comes out). Then just follow the instructions in the WIKI.
Tikitiki Wrote:Just download the latest files from the site, because its already updated to 1.2.1. Same goes for 1.2.2 (when it comes out). Then just follow the instructions in the WIKI.
Thank you Tikitiki. What I meant is the fragment below from installation procedure that refers to earlier versions than 1.2 to upgrade from:
Part of Instalation procedure Wrote:* Upload all the new files including the install folder, overriding the existing copies (this contains the upgrade files also) to your forums root directory.
As I said, I recall that previously it was advised as to DELETE folders not override. That's where my confusion stems from. Suggestion?

EB
I changed it because people would also commonly delete their plugins folder and the inc/cache folder if they were also using it - which effectively breaks everything.

The best solution is to overwrite the files.
Chris Boulton Wrote:I changed it because people would also commonly delete their plugins folder and the inc/cache folder if they were also using it - which effectively breaks everything.

The best solution is to overwrite the files.
Thank you Chris. However, if plugins wouldn't work in new version and rather updated plugins should be used, this issue is moot or isn't it?

EB