MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ancient Aliens ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Possibly -- just look at what we have done to other species on our own planet.
true but i don't think that we need more problems like you said before we ave done lots of bad things on our own planet if we discovered a new intelligent life this will just make things worst governments will start fighting over who is gone bring it to the earth and so on we don't need new wars we got enough i guess Smile
Look at dinosaurs. If they weren't wiped out, early humans would probably not have survived (a common argument). Dinosaurs weren't intelligent - just cold blooded killers designed to survive.

For something to be 'intelligent' an organism must have communication, self-awareness, have the ability to learn and have the ability to solve problems. Going back to my example of prehistoric creatures, very few have been confirmed as having these abilities; mostly members of the raptor genera.

So, the chances of something intelligent evolving to develop travelling light speed just to wipe humans out is improbable (but not impossible, we're the only source of liquid water in our neighbourhood). The species is much more likely to recognise us a higher life form and therefore apply religion, morals, science and opinion.
Sorry, forgot to mention, research the Fermi Paradox if you're that interested in life in the universe.
I'm almost certain there is life somewhere else in the universe, and most probably intelligent life. It is not hard to imagine, due to the magnitude of the universe that such life exists.

I am also a believer, that it is plausible that Advanced Intelligent life actually "seeded" our planet with life. Now - I'm not saying that I think that is the only explanation possible, but it is certainly possible. Although we describe ourselves as intelligent, we could be many times less intelligent than another life form. I am sort of inclined to believe somewhat in the Prometheus approach Toungue
(2012-10-18, 10:06 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I am also a believer, that it is plausible that Advanced Intelligent life actually "seeded" our planet with life. Now - I'm not saying that I think that is the only explanation possible, but it is certainly possible. Although we describe ourselves as intelligent, we could be many times less intelligent than another life form. I am sort of inclined to believe somewhat in the Prometheus approach Toungue

While accept the possibility of it I doubt they seeded out planet. Just as you said the universe is massive and even if FTL travel is possible I have a feeling it would still take a long time to get here.
I do believe there's something out there, and most likely intelligent. Here's a really interesting video for those that haven't seen it/are interested (If nothing else it's a good Physics lesson):

With the sheer amount of planets possible in the Universe, I really can't imagine we're the only planet that's gotten lucky with evolution, or the first for that matter.
it could just be us like they said. Big Grin
(2012-10-19, 04:59 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]I do believe there's something out there, and most likely intelligent. Here's a really interesting video for those that haven't seen it/are interested (If nothing else it's a good Physics lesson):

With the sheer amount of planets possible in the Universe, I really can't imagine we're the only planet that's gotten lucky with evolution, or the first for that matter.

thanks for the video I'm watching it right now
I do believe there is life out there somewhere. The universe goes on for what mine as well be forever. Although, thinking of another planet with "human-like" creatures definitely is a weird thought! But it really gets you thinking....
Pages: 1 2 3