MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AmpedFX Designing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a graphics forum for [photoshop/gimp/any other designing programs]. Feel free to register [its instant activation] and post your recent designs, etc, to get the rated. Whether it be a template, tag/signature, drawing, or anything.

Link::
http://ampedfx.com/forums

Marc @ gamezrule.org [check out that site too] made me the custom template, so props to him.
Sorry, I must say this, I always turn down forums that want me to register to even view the threads. I close the tab immediately.
I don't think you can expect someone to register until they actually understand what is inside the forums.
Well I must say this, that I don't want leeching noobs on my website. I'm sure i'm not the only one?
DAX Wrote:Well I must say this, that I don't want leeching noobs on my website.  I'm sure i'm not the only one?

Yes but closing down everything without showing a thing is not usually good. Even just an announcements forum with a general discussion would be better than nothing. Especially since when you go to your homepage, there are no other links. So it is ok to still force people to register to post at all, even in the public reading areas, but without a site behind the forum I see a hard time building a community behind a closed door.
I have to agree with SnakEyez and Jeff, if I can't view your forums then forget it. If I'm going to join a forum, I want to know what it's like first. I don't want to see a no permission page, that to me is just annoying.
DAX Wrote:Well I must say this, that I don't want leeching noobs on my website. I'm sure i'm not the only one?
Well. Just hide the forums you want people to leach of off, but I would like to see some forums. Just so I can get a general feel of the community.
I tried that before, and I don't think you can do that with MyBB.

Otherwise I'd show announcements, or showcase, or something. Sorry I was in a bad mood yesterday
Of course it's possible! [wiki]Admin_CP_Forum_Management#Permissions[/wiki]