MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors With Plugins And Not Connecting To MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tonight i ham having a few problems with plugins and errors but now i have just gone to see if there is any updates for my plugins in the admin control panel and its saying

"There was a problem communicating with the MyBB modifications version server. Please try again in a few minutes."

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Probably your host has disabled the required functions to fetch the data from our server (curl or fsockopen).
It seems to have happened since i moved to a VPS service. Could it be to do with that?
I did also notice permissions on certain folders had been changed so i have had to change some of them back which i knew about.

When i go to browse plugins via my site it comes up with.

Warning [2] curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons - Line: 5608 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
The warning tells you exactly whats wrong. Curl is disabled. You need to get it enabled, simples.
(2012-10-20, 05:48 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]The warning tells you exactly whats wrong. Curl is disabled. You need to get it enabled, simples.

love the simples lol
Were would i enable this?
You can't, your host has to do it.