MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to get rid of spam characters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On my forum i have downloads for programs that i made. And some users would register, and post things like this to get the download:

[Image: dgdfgdfg.png]

If there anyway plugin i could use to delete the extra characters? For example:

thankssssssss ---to---> thanks
or
lololololol ---to---> lol
never saw such a plugin but I'm sure someone out there will be interested in making it
Really? If thats true, can anyone reading this make the plugin? It'll be really helpful for a lot of users to have. Im surprised it hasn't already been made ._.
(2012-10-18, 11:35 PM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]never saw such a plugin but I'm sure someone out there will be interested in making it

I have one at HF which I coded. It's not public though. As far as I know there isn't one publicly available. But I do know it's fairly easy to code out.
(2012-10-19, 12:45 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-18, 11:35 PM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]never saw such a plugin but I'm sure someone out there will be interested in making it

I have one at HF which I coded. It's not public though. As far as I know there isn't one publicly available. But I do know it's fairly easy to code out.

you can always share your knowledge with us and share the plugin Smile
I definitely could but I definitely won't. I no longer share code I have at my site because people have copied my site too much. So in order to remain unique I will no longer share.
i understand mate but it would be nice if you can share just this plugin since it might help allot of people
(2012-10-19, 01:40 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely could but I definitely won't. I no longer share code I have at my site because people have copied my site too much. So in order to remain unique I will no longer share.

Then there definatly wasn't really any point in posting here if you werent going to at least help me. Just saying you have coded that, and saying its not hard to do doesnt give me any relief of my problem...
He could offer assistance in making the plugin.......
Pages: 1 2